Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shit, that grass is old.
Shit, that grass is old.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/16811538

Quote:Meadows of seagrass found in the Mediterranean Sea are likely to be thousands of years old, a study shows.

Researchers found genetically identical samples of Posidonia oceanica up to 15km apart, which suggested that the species was extremely long-lived.

The team added that the organism - which provides food and shelter for many species - is under threat from climate change.
Cunt
RE: Shit, that grass is old.

"Seagrasses are sometimes labeled ecosystem engineers, because they partly create their own habitat: the leaves slow down water-currents increasing sedimentation, and the seagrass roots and rhizomes stabilize the seabed."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagrass
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Before I clicked on this thread I was sure that it was started by Moros about something he'd found down the back of his armchair Dodgy
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I love it when that happens...
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Before I clicked on this thread I was sure that it was started by Moros about something he'd found down the back of his armchair Dodgy

High five,i joined this thread to say the same thing, almost, thought thief :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Shit!!!! Minimalist 15 1078 August 12, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2724 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1379 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous Minimalist 10 2982 May 16, 2016 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2310 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More Shit For Creatards To Swallow Minimalist 28 4508 May 11, 2015 at 3:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit Minimalist 9 3396 October 8, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Shit....not great news Minimalist 5 2304 June 10, 2013 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Another ID argument eats shit and dies popeyespappy 6 3011 April 25, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse