Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from Louisiana
New from Louisiana
Whats up everyone, just found the forum, looks like a good bunch of people. I'm Justin from south Louisiana. I'm a semi-closet atheist. It's hard to be outspoken about it since EVERYONE is either christian or baptist and has closed minds. Close friends and family know, but its still a taboo to everyone. Anyway, i hope to spend some time on here, but with a 1 year old its hard to find free time for the computer. O yea, my wife is Wiccan/Pagan. She is 100% accepting of atheism, and has a very open mind to religious discussion. Anything else feel free to ask!
RE: New from Louisiana
Welcome. Must be tough being surrounded by jesus freaks.
yes, yes it is. and the bad part about it is if i ever get into any little kind of discussion about religion, THEY usually end up telling ME to open my mind haha. thats when i just walk away.
Oh, you'll get the same kind of stupid shit around here. Some of these fools have their minds so "open" that their brains fell out years ago.
Welcome, from misty North Carolina. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you - one foot still in the closet, if only to keep some peace around me.

Hope you settle in well. Big Grin
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
thanks for the welcome. yea most of the time it's to keep peace.

the thing that bothers me the most is the comments people make(mostly my mom). One example is on new years day this year, I walked into their house for a big family lunch and I said, "y'all get y'all shit together, its 2012, we're all gone at the end of the year!" joking of course. and my mom says "Oh, I'm ready". I said "me too, if the world is going to end there's nothing we can do about it". she then says "Oh, you're not ready".

just crap like that. i never say anything towards her religion but she always makes comments like that
Welcome, fellow south-inhabiting individual.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]
Hello from dear old Blighty, the Christian country that lacks Christians, as opposed to American secularist politics that lacks secularists Smile
Ah well, my mom doesn't necessarily get overly Jewy on holidays, she just likes to talk about suicide and other depressing things. So you'd probably still deal with some sort of family idiocy.

That's why I live 300 miles away from mine.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Quote:Ah well, my mom doesn't necessarily get overly Jewy on holidays, she just likes to talk about suicide and other depressing things.

I thought that was "Jewy?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Louisiana! ThisGuyAgain67 14 2446 August 30, 2013 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: ThisGuyAgain67
  New New New Quid 23 4815 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  hello from louisiana Darinda 12 2497 November 9, 2009 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: theblindferrengi