Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUST see for Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans
MUST see for Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/01/art-his...ed-glasses

Seriously worth a look and clicking on all attending links in the original article.

Marcel Duchamp’s Nude Descending a Staircase

[Image: Nude-descending-a-staircase.jpg]

Re-imagined with C-3P0 (by John Mattos)

[Image: JohnMattos_C3PO_StarWars.jpg]

Picasso's Three Musicians

[Image: picaso_three-musicians.jpg]

Re-imagined as the Mos Eisley Cantina (also by Mattos)

[Image: JohnMattos_StarWars_Cantina.jpg]

Dali's The Persistence of Memory

[Image: Persistence-of-Memory_Salvador-Dali.jpg]

Re-imagined with Wolverine

[Image: PaoloRivera_Wolverine.jpg]

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: MUST see for Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans
(February 5, 2012 at 9:55 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: [Image: Nude-descending-a-staircase.jpg]

Even before I read what it was, I could see the nudity, I just can't tell where though.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
RE: MUST see for Fantasy and Sci-Fi fans
Woah those are absolutely stunning!

This one is my fav. gives me the creep!

[Image: CyrilVanDerHagen_cthulhu_Giant.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any writers here (or readers, especially of Fantasy or Magic Realism)? Jillybean 27 738 March 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Movies you'd like to see remade Fake Messiah 83 6280 November 8, 2023 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things I'd have liked to see in Star Wars The Valkyrie 40 1927 November 4, 2020 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1126 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1099 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Sci-fi Azu 31 2264 August 23, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: fromdownunder
  Recommend some sci-fi authors Foxaèr 26 2210 March 29, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Regarding "must see" episodes of classic Doctor Who Foxaèr 9 1901 May 11, 2017 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  For Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Lovers: What Makes You Reada Book? Rhondazvous 51 5299 February 27, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  For you Doctor Who fans: Foxaèr 4 902 November 28, 2016 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr