Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introduction
introduction
Greetings, forum. I've been a Christian for about 30 years. If I said I'm not interested in converting some of you, that wouldn't be totally honest. But - knowing that one of the antagonizing behaviors of Christians is to treat non-believers as projects, conversion isn't my top objective here. I'm most interested in your arguments or rationale for your views. Thanks & blessings.
RE: introduction
Good luck with that oh innocent one Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I doubt anyone here gives a rat's ass about deconverting you. Converting us to what? A belief in your particular brand of deity worship? LOLZ

Give it your best shot!

Oh yeah, and welcome n shit.

Welcome aboard, new blood. I'm curious (and I use that word quite wrongly) how you're going to convert anyone here without flouting the no-preaching rule. Still, "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" as the Bard once said.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome.

And since you seem to be somewhat interested in being honest about your intentions here, let me ask you a question. Do you believe that your god sent you here?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Well at least your being truthful about your intentions! As much as I don't agree with you, I do respect the fact you've openly admitted you'd like a few conversions! Just be warned, the people on this board will react pretty harshly to any preaching attempts Smile

But nonetheless, welcome.
The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true - Carl Sagan
Someone left out the "Loonies are Welcome" mat again??

Fuck!...
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:I'm most interested in your arguments or rationale for your views.

There is no evidence for your god.....or any others.
ewalter, welcome. You are certainly welcome to come here and converse. You should strike conversion from your list of objectives, though. Even if it is at the bottom of the list, it will make your time here short. We do not discourage people from becoming Christians through discourse here. However, it is against the rules to actively try to convert people. Good luck.
ooo, fresh meat. Smile
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 719 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 954 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1940 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1335 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3675 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2239 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1970 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1145 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 949 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2843 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2