Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congressman thinks Onion article is real
Congressman thinks Onion article is real
Congressman believes Onion planned parenthood article

Quote:Republican House Rep. John Fleming of Louisiana has made himself the target of online ridicule after confusing a spoof article about Planned Parenthood as a factual news report, according to Politico.

An article posted to the Onion's website on May 18, 2011 is headlined, "Planned Parenthood Opens $8 Billion Abortionplex." Of course, as millions of readers already know, the Onion is a satirical news organization, which makes up fake parody stories about real people, places and things.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Congressman thinks Onion article is real
Lol. I read an article on the Onion a few days ago saying that scientists had decided that we need to kill 2 billion people for the human race to survive. Pity this asshat didn't take that one seriously.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
Quote:Republican House Rep. John Fleming of Louisiana

Tells one everything one needs to know.
I think he's not the only one, because I remember reading about some other fundies going apeshit over Planned Parenthood's supposed new facility. Seems like abortion is such a hot button issue with them that they just have instant knee-jerk reactions without checking to see if the story has any actual basis in fact.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I would expect more from a congressman....although I am not sure why and I should certainly know better about republican fuckwits from the deep south.
(February 7, 2012 at 11:23 am)SleepingDemon Wrote: Lol. I read an article on the Onion a few days ago saying that scientists had decided that we need to kill 2 billion people for the human race to survive. Pity this asshat didn't take that one seriously.

Already the "Jesse Ventura is my teacher" crowd on facebook has cited that article as a genuine NWO plan. Thing they keep forgetting is that the NWO was these guys.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCtr9qucwuWObdlej-LcH...tHspKD7o0U]
TheOnion needs to do a story about idiot congressmen who are fooled by Onion stories.
(February 7, 2012 at 11:39 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Republican House Rep. John Fleming of Louisiana

Tells one everything one needs to know.

Worship (large)

I was going to say the exact same thing.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]
This just shows how out of touch so many members of Congress are. There should be a constitutional amendment that says that anyone holding public office that confuses an Onion article as being real will be fired on the spot.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  B.O.B thinks Earth is Flat, Neil Degrasse Tyson chimes in Heat 20 2736 January 28, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Bill O Still Thinks Hip-Hop is Responsible for Decline in Christianity Salacious B. Crumb 11 2343 May 18, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Pat Boone's modern day fairy tale: Article Dissection by Rev. Rye Rev. Rye 5 7812 November 25, 2011 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Wink The Onion News - Make it seem you stay informed. leo-rcc 42 12092 July 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc