Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remix of an old song rendered in MIDI
Remix of an old song rendered in MIDI
I've been very frustrated with regard to astronomy lately due to the weather, so I have been remixing some songs I rendered in MIDI format a few years ago. The first one is a Genesis song called "Abacab":

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/01SZzx9L/abac...__16_.html

Enjoy.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Remix of an old song rendered in MIDI
Heart orogenicman!! I love you!! Heart Abacab is a favourite of mine!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 8, 2012 at 3:45 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: ;heart: orogenicman!! I love you!! Heart Abacab is a favourite of mine!!

Thanks. I've got more coming. Stay tuned. It may take a little while but check back often.
Here is another one by Genesis entitled "Squonk":

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/9irovPHu/Gene...xdown.html

I did this so it would sound live. Enjoy,
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Several years ago, a buddy of mine told me that MIDI systems don't do very good orchestral pieces. I bet him a steak dinner that I could get mine to do a good but short rendition of Lord of the Rings with my system. That T-bone was delicious:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/gVKQJdBO/lord...Mix_M.html

I used Iridol Orchestral, Steinburg Hypersonic, and Sonar Studio Instrument strings software synthesizers in Cakewalk Sonar Professional Edition 8.01 to produce this file.
Enjoy,

Note: This was done entirely on my computer.

- Dr. Donald Prothero
I haven't listened to MIDI files in years. I remember a pirate radio station called MIDI Radio that played nothing but MIDI tunes.

Can't get the file to download for some reason. *edit* never mind, was my script blocking software.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(February 8, 2012 at 1:58 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I haven't listened to MIDI files in years. I remember a pirate radio station called MIDI Radio that played nothing but MIDI tunes.

Can't get the file to download for some reason. *edit* never mind, was my script blocking software.

Actually, the format I used for the pre-final mix uses a Sonar extension (.cwp), not .mid. The original production file was MIDI, though. The final mix is 32 bit .wav, which I converted to .mp3 for the upload.

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Use This Song (Jon Lajoie) WinterHold 1 354 December 1, 2020 at 11:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  The best song in the history of mankind WinterHold 25 1603 August 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  So finally tried making a classical piano song. . . bennyboy 27 2788 July 29, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  School Shooting Range (Original Song) Mechaghostman2 4 919 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fire Storm (Original Song) Mechaghostman2 0 322 February 15, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Favorite '80s Song(s)? ƵenKlassen 4 1061 December 5, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn
  What song would describe your life? ƵenKlassen 30 6878 November 24, 2017 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What is your favorite Queen song? ƵenKlassen 19 2213 November 14, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  What is the first song or piece of music you can remember hearing on the radio (or)? Whateverist 78 10864 October 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Your favourite song at the moment ApeNotKillApe 0 735 September 12, 2016 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe