Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lady handed me $20...
Shocked 
A lady handed me $20...
I was walking home from the store carrying two grocery bags when a lady drove around the corner and parked her car. She got out of her car, approached me and said, "I don't know why, but I am supposed to give this to you!" Then she handed me $20 and said "He (God) told me to! God bless you!"
I thanked her. She got back into her car and drove off.

Now, Christians would say she did it because of God, but she really did it out of the kindness of her heart.

What do you say about this kind of behavior?
God is a personification of ourselves, what we wish to be, and that which we do not understand.
RE: A lady handed me $20...
I'd say "nuts"!
(February 10, 2012 at 11:08 am)Freedom Wrote: What do you say about this kind of behavior?

Wish about 12 people did that to me today Smile
I'd say she's a bit deluded as she's insinuating that she was talked to by 'God'. I'd say no thanks and refuse it, it's plain weird.
Use it to buy a copy of The God Delusion. It will help you understand how batshit crazy she is.
God told her to give 20$ to you, an atheist. Why aren't all the Xtians like that?
Did you need the money for anything?
Yeah, I'm unemployed, I can always use the money Tongue
(February 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, I'm unemployed, I can always use the money Tongue

Now, please go out and buy drugs to make a mockery of this act of kindness.

(kidding)
(February 10, 2012 at 12:53 pm)SophiaGrace Wrote:
(February 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, I'm unemployed, I can always use the money Tongue

Now, please go out and buy drugs to make a mockery of this act of kindness.

(kidding)

Hey, you can always forward that to a secular charity Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Sai Baba Lady Fake Messiah 5 589 April 5, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Sad Guy on FOX is Religious. [Against Lady Gaga and Islam] HeyItsZeus 10 5884 April 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas