Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edible Helium Balloon
Edible Helium Balloon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMCmbLq2qs

They make sugar turn into a balloon shape while blowing helium into it.

A nice idea, but I don't think that I'm going to like it when it goes into my mouth (or when I get helium inside me).
RE: Edible Helium Balloon
Not to mention how dangerous helium balloons can be.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012021...NGJ00.html

Quote:HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (AP) - A Valentine's Day gift is being blamed for a power outage in Southern California.

Southern California Edison spokesman David Song says a helium-filled balloon scored a direct hit on the company's Fontana substation Tuesday night, knocking out power to 15,099 customers.

Song tells The Press-Enterprise ( ) the balloon was likely a Valentine's gift. He says it dropped into the substation at about 8:40 p.m

Only the metallic mylar balloons are dangerous to power lines. Rubber ones shouldn't be.

But it's nice to know that our power grid can be taken out by a balloon. It's only a matter of time before the Department of Homeland Security will make everyone show ID and register when buying helium balloons...
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Thats a better story than the Belgian news agency that reported the burning down of a hotel floor because of a christmas party popping balloons filled with extremely flammable helium gas.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
It's even funnier when you fart helium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sgoJjMW8UM
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(February 16, 2012 at 5:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: filled with extremely flammable helium gas.

Hahaha. You know life hates you when inert gasses begin to burst into flames... "ET TU, HELIUM?"
(February 16, 2012 at 5:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Thats a better story than the Belgian news agency that reported the burning down of a hotel floor because of a christmas party popping balloons filled with extremely flammable helium gas.

Assuming that is just a mistake.....what kind of idiot fills a balloon with hydrogen?

[Image: hindenburg.jpg]

'Nough said.
I didn't think Helium was flammable...only hydrogen;...... well there ya go

[Image: 1362599_02bcdea730.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(February 16, 2012 at 5:22 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Thats a better story than the Belgian news agency that reported the burning down of a hotel floor because of a christmas party popping balloons filled with extremely flammable helium gas.

Assuming that is just a mistake.....what kind of idiot fills a balloon with hydrogen?

[Image: hindenburg.jpg]

The Hindenburg was designed for Helium, but the US put an embargo on the export of Helium so the Germans had to use Hydrogen instead. Also, painting the envelope with essentially dried up thermite paste was not a smart choice either.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian