Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Links and Resources
Atheist Links and Resources
I thought it might be a good idea, and useful, to have a thread where us dirty, heathen atheists post links that we have found invaluable to our development as atheists over the years and months. I'll start by posting some valuable resources for blossoming atheists:

The Atheist Experience (Austin)
Entertaining and educational atheist radio show. Go to the resources/archive page and download the mp3's for your player/iPod and listen on the go!

Atheist Experience - short Youtube clips
This got me hooked, so if you're too lazy to download the podcasts then I urge you to watch some of these to give you a flavour of the radio show!

The 3 Non Prophets
Essentially hosted by the same guys as the Atheist Experience, but in a less structured format and to my experience no open lines or callers.

Pharyngula
PZ Myers blog, definitely worth some perusing.

The Bible!
Make yourself as familiar with this little gem as you can. Hold him close, analyse him, and know him (not in the biblical sense....unless you're Lot...not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
My favourite parody site in the world. May His Noodley appendages reach out and caress your cheek with their soft and squishy goodness.

Landover Baptist Church
Another parody site - this one is quite witty at times, can also become a little degenerative at times but it's certainly worth a look and a laugh. Don't bother participating unless you're in character, they'll tear you to shreds.

That's all from me so far, post your favourite atheist resource links below!
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
RE: Atheist Links and Resources
http://www.Evilbible.com

Other than Google this is all I have.
Planet Atheism a collection of feeds from atheist blogs.

Challenge Religion - top atheist web sites ranked daily by readership.

The Raytractors - people who have had enough of Ray Comfort's bullshit on his site, and want to discuss his crap without being censored by him or drive traffic, attention and profit towards that lying dickwad.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Well, A Natural History of Life on Earth by Sir David Attenborough has to be mentioned here somewhere as well as The Ascent of Man by Jacob Bronowski.
The Atheist Blogger - My blog which just got featured on the front page of Digg! I also frequent the Raytractors quite a bit.
This link:

http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

I enjoy using it when theists say atheists are immoral.
(August 26, 2008 at 7:15 pm)Brick-top Wrote: This link:

http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

I enjoy using it when theists say atheists are immoral.
Of course, none of those Christians are "true Christians".
(August 26, 2008 at 7:59 am)Brick-top Wrote: http://www.Evilbible.com

Oooh that one's good.
I'll compile all the links into the first post if there end up being quite few - make them easier to access.
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(August 26, 2008 at 9:04 pm)Jason Jarred Wrote: Oooh that one's good.

If you haven't seen that site before I'll be very suprised. It's like the Atheist holy grail.

(August 26, 2008 at 7:27 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Of course, none of those Christians are "true Christians".

Obviously, how could a true christians ever commit a crime?

I've just had a debate on youtube where the guy says christians would never lie then give me the name of a creationist.

HAHAHA!!
I always thought the Skeptics Annotated Bible was more of a "holy grail" to atheists that the evil bible site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 6980 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Deprogramming" Resources for Catholics Metis 8 7586 June 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Resources? k2490 5 1085 May 29, 2014 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A compilation of resources Senshi 0 939 March 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Senshi
  Atheist links. jackkazim 1 1053 February 11, 2013 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Violet
  Dad links son's suicide to 'The God Delusion' leo-rcc 227 143053 September 1, 2009 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Amphora