Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polio virus nearly eradicated
Polio virus nearly eradicated
Quote:Along with hundreds of other species that mankind has deliberately, carelessly or greedily brought to extinction, we are apparently almost there with Polio.

Is it right for mankind to wipe out one of God's creations just because we don't like it? (Said with tongue firmly in cheek.)

At the risk of being banned again, I have just asked this question on a Christian forum and thought it may be interesting to compare responses between here and there.
RE: Polio virus nearly eradicated
I can see where the fuckheads who worship the big evil bully in the sky would be upset that one of his more effective devices for tormenting children and their families is going by the wayside.

How can their fucking god punish the sinful if we keep eradicating his little toys?
My uncle Kermit (Chuck) died late last year in his 60's or 70's. He'd suffered from polio since very early in his childhood. Good riddance. Any deity that put that shit here on a place designed for us is incompetent.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Odd, hasn't polio "nearly been eradicated" for ten years?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Are we sure the Russians don't have some set aside just in case?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
There's still samples of the Bubonic Plague in some labs. It will never cease to exist, as samples will have to be kept in the case of a similar virus or us missing some.
Nearly eradicated in the wild is not good enough. If Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan don't take the initiative in stamping the damn thing out it'll simply reinfect migrants as it spreads through India's borders.
Quote:If Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan

In those 3 shitholes getting polio is probably an improvement over living a long time.
(February 21, 2012 at 7:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:If Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan
In those 3 shitholes getting polio is probably an improvement over living a long time.

I appreciate that was not meant seriously Min but, on a serious note, it is worth remembering that polio is one of the most evil of 'god's creations'. It does not necessarily give the mercy of death, it can just screw up children's bodies in multiple ways. One of my cousins has been severely deformed by polio for about 60 years. On balance, maybe she would have preferred living in Pakistan.
A sensible man should not demand of me, or hope that when we mention a subject, we shall make a complete exposition of it. - Maimonides
Pakistan...

[Image: burka-pakistan-e1300108588198.jpg]

is probably the worst example of the 3 but if the allahnuts get their way it will be indistinguishable from the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Benedict XVI defrocked nearly 400 priests in two years zebo-the-fat 4 2268 January 19, 2014 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A Dear Friend Falls Victim to the Virus FallentoReason 6 2985 July 25, 2013 at 2:55 am
Last Post: FallentoReason