Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoa, WTF?!
Whoa, WTF?!
http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments...y_parents/

Quote:In September 2009, after admitting to my parents that I was atheist, I was abruptly woken in the middle of the night by two strange men who subsequently threw me in a van and drove me 200 mi. to a facility that I would later find out serves the sole purpose of eliminating free thinking adolescents.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Whoa, WTF?!
Its actually sick that this shit still happens..

Surely that cant be real / legal... Jeez!
I know there are Jesus camps and things - this... I don't know, I was throwing it out there for some confirmation. I got it from Al Stefinali, who is part of American Atheists.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(February 27, 2012 at 11:14 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I know there are Jesus camps and things - this... I don't know, I was throwing it out there for some confirmation. I got it from Al Stefinali, who is part of American Atheists.

I sincerely hope these places don't exist.
I read this the other day. This is their website: http://www.horizonacademy.us
"8. Q: Once I make the decision to enroll my teen, how do I get them to Horizon Academy?
A: Your admissions representative will assist you through different options for getting your teen to the school. Each situation is different. Some students will come voluntarily, while others will not. We let you determine what you feel is best for your child."

Does seem very dodgy..
how could anyone ever forgive their parents for forcibly sending them there
(February 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm)Chuff Wrote: how could anyone ever forgive their parents for forcibly sending them there

"Honor your father and mother."

Sad
(February 27, 2012 at 10:40 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments...y_parents/

Quote:In September 2009, after admitting to my parents that I was atheist, I was abruptly woken in the middle of the night by two strange men who subsequently threw me in a van and drove me 200 mi. to a facility that I would later find out serves the sole purpose of eliminating free thinking adolescents.
Eliminating as in killing? if so, they did a bad job. Apparently they meant converting not eliminating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctrine of atheism WTF? TheoneandonlytrueGod 18 3520 November 23, 2015 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Gnostic Atheism? WTF? JimmyNeutron 71 14668 June 13, 2014 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Virgin, God, WTF BlackSwordsman 17 3599 May 2, 2014 at 2:23 am
Last Post: max-greece
  WTF Atheists!? Fryslân 143 29202 November 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38075 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack