Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First intro ever, am I doing this right
First intro ever, am I doing this right
Nice to meet you all, I’m Xcentric… I just found this forum and decided to join.

I’m not used to introducing myself, this is a first, don't really know how to do it properly, so I’m going to try and keep things short and uncomplicated.

I don’t believe in god but I don’t call myself an Atheist. I grew up in an Agnostic family where I was taught that there is no god above this earth and that no matter what you believe you must always chose rational thinking first. I could say that perhaps there was a certain amount of pantheism and animism in my family but not too much; it was simply; respect the nature that gave you life and the life of nature around you (perhaps a slightly pagan view)

I have also been fortunate enough to grow up in a society and community that is primarily none religious. The “school” I go to have a large population of Muslim immigrants who are new to the country and we sometimes end up discussing religion with them, which can be both educational since you get things from their point of view, but also quite aggravating and sometimes hilarious (discussing homosexuality with some of them has proven to reveal some quite disturbing ideas and ideals.)

I’m here with an open mind both to share and to learn. I might not jump into discussions since I don’t like doing so without having done my share of research first and/or being confident in my own knowledge of the subject.

Have a nice day.
RE: First intro ever, am I doing this right
Welcome.
Cunt
Nice to meet you Welcome
Introductions: You're doing it right.

As for opinions, the more the better to be honest. As with any community of rational thinkers, this does not mean consensus of opinion. The difference is most of us are capable of changing our mind, which is the beauty of skepticism.

Welcome Smile

Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome aboard, love the avatar.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That introduction seems ok by me Smile

Welcome
Welcome aboard!
Quote:am I doing this right

Close enough.

Hello there.
People think I'm pagan.

[Image: 313857_260117520690459_100000766382454_6...1132_n.jpg]

Does it matter?

Welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
You actually go out like that?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1205 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1742 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 999 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1886 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5162 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1316 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 4993 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3882 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2432 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3378 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows