Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawkins on Militant Atheism
Dawkins on Militant Atheism
I saw this one a while ago and thought I'd share - I think Dawkins is excellent but who knew he was quite funny too

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/richard...heism.html

I would recommend the TED website to all - Lots of interesting talks on many subjects. The ipad app is excellent too and allows you to download and watch offline
RE: Dawkins on Militant Atheism
(February 29, 2012 at 9:27 am)Chuff Wrote: I saw this one a while ago and thought I'd share - I think Dawkins is excellent but who knew he was quite funny too

The God Delusion made me burst into laughter so many times Tongue
(February 29, 2012 at 9:33 am)Insanity x Wrote:
(February 29, 2012 at 9:27 am)Chuff Wrote: I saw this one a while ago and thought I'd share - I think Dawkins is excellent but who knew he was quite funny too

I found the cargo cults section pretty amusing! All praise John Frum!!!
(February 29, 2012 at 11:25 am)Chuff Wrote: I found the cargo cults section pretty amusing! All praise John Frum!!!

That was awesome! I think a billionaire should make it happen by hiring a plane and a load of ships to drop off cargo. Pay an actor to be John Frum.
(February 29, 2012 at 11:25 am)Chuff Wrote: I found the cargo cults section pretty amusing! All praise John Frum!!!

I absolutely love cargo cults. All hail Tom Navy! :picks up a weapon and declares war on the Frummite heretics:

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 29, 2012 at 11:34 am)Rhythm Wrote: I absolutely love cargo cults. All hail Tom Navy! :picks up a weapon and declares war on the Frummite heretics:

Blasphemy!! Lalala

Me too. It was pretty terrible.
(February 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(February 29, 2012 at 9:33 am)Insanity x Wrote: The God Delusion made me burst into laughter so many times Tongue

Your opinion.
(February 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm)Tiberius Wrote:

Reading it in hindsight I agree its not the best, but you cant deny the impact it has and continues to have.

Does anyone on this forum refer to themself as a bright though lol
Oh I dearly hope so........lol. I couldn't imagine a better way to whittle a few hours off my day..hehehe.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins & Nightwish iameatingjam 3 1743 February 5, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: shadow
  New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator Alex K 12 2950 April 5, 2015 at 11:16 am
Last Post: DiRNiS
  Christian Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Creed of Heresy 14 2299 February 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polar bear
Video 'Love letters' to Richard Dawkins Cyberman 28 4349 January 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Dawkins reads hate mail on youtube. Brian37 6 2348 November 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Richard Dawkins - Science, It Works, Bitches!! (video) Woody68 2 1414 April 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Dawkins: Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Justtristo 4 2251 January 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Dawkins and Degrasse Tyson - Poetry of Science thesummerqueen 2 1750 November 6, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Dawkins apparently PWND Napoléon 6 2752 May 9, 2012 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist Forsaken 91 35547 April 15, 2012 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger