Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I kinda want of these.
I kinda want of these.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17190918

Quote:A credit-card sized computer designed to help teach children to code has gone on sale for the first time.

The Raspberry Pi is a bare-bones, low-cost computer created by volunteers mostly drawn from academia and the UK tech industry.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: I kinda want of these.
Sold out worldwide in 2 hours.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
So did the wii but you can pick them up for tupence now.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

These thing are tupence now. 22 pounds, 25 euros, is cheaper than my Arduino boards.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Think it is a great concept!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Yeah, I would want one if my son was old engough. He's got several years till he can use it, so I'm going to use that time to refresh my knowldge from my days of programming
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
A clever introduction to circuits, computers, and programming that a child might enjoy (or a big child as well)? Try Minecraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB684ym3QY4
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Bah. Fuck it.

I'll just forget about this piece of shit for another month.

Really rides my hide to know that turds like this got it while I was pushing a release candidate.

Some incompetent turd Wrote:Anyone Know Where To Get A Good Power Supply For These Things? )Raspberry Pi( ?

Also, Im sure there are some cases in the works?.......

Thanks Tom

Yeah Tom...

A) You're a fucking idiot. They've specified it'd be microUSB since Raspberry Pi was specified.
B) MicroUSB hasn't changed it's voltage/current ranges since the standard was made.
C) They specified FROM DAY ONE that there would not be a case because that detracted from the hobyist angle of fitting the device to your needs.
Ca) A case is totally fucking irrelevant as Raspberry Pi is NOT meant to be your production computer. Ergo, expecting a case like other computer equipment is totally foolish.

Yes. I'm irked.

Irked because complete shit-for-brains are members of the set "Raspberry Pi" owners while I have to fucking wait another month before actually working on my hobby's.

Yes, Tom, you're a fuck head. And I hope you die in a fire, preferably one started by your retarded fingers doing something stupidly retarded.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $50 worth of games for whatever price you want! Tiberius 22 6031 August 1, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn