Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesbian denied communion at mother's funeral
Lesbian denied communion at mother's funeral
Lesbian woman denied communion at mother's funeral

Quote:Barbara Johnson told the Washington Post that Father Marcel Guarnizo learned of her relationship with her partner of 19 years, who was at the funeral on Saturday morning, shortly before the service. But when the grieving art-studio owner went to take communion, he covered the symbolic body of Christ.

"He put his hand over the body of Christ and looked at me and said, 'I can't give you Communion because you live with a woman and in the eyes of the church, that is a sin," she told the Post.

So much for "hate the sin, love the sinner."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Lesbian denied communion at mother's funeral
Meh, it's their little club, they can do whatever the fuck they want. If that was going to be an issue for the mother or the daughter, maybe they shouldn't have been associated with the club.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
She should have brought a kid along for the sanctimonious bastard to ass-rape. She could have then helped herself.
Certainly sounds like the Christian god I hear about. More interested in peoples private lives than any of the people who die each day from starvation, Disease and cancer's.
Quote:'I can't give you Communion because you live with a woman and in the eyes of the church, that is a sin'

And interfering with children is not?

Screw the holier-than-thou church. They should have arranged for a non-religious funeral to prevent this 'exchange' from happening.
It's really, really hypocritical for an organization riddled with pedophiles to tell others that they're sinners because of what they do with their private parts.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
If the lesbian daughter does not believe in the teachings of the Catholic Church regarding the Eucharist, she should not take communion. D'ems the rules. The real hypocrite is someone who thinks entitled to participate in the sacred ritual they don't believe in. I am a non-Catholic and out of respect for their faith, I will not take communion in a Catholic church.
Where did it say that she wasn't a Catholic? Did I miss that?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Lesbian woman denied communion at mother's funeral

Quote:Barbara Johnson told the Washington Post that Father Marcel Guarnizo learned of her relationship with her partner of 19 years, who was at the funeral on Saturday morning, shortly before the service. But when the grieving art-studio owner went to take communion, he covered the symbolic body of Christ.

"He put his hand over the body of Christ and looked at me and said, 'I can't give you Communion because you live with a woman and in the eyes of the church, that is a sin," she told the Post.

So much for "hate the sin, love the sinner."

This was printed in the paper?

Must have been a slow news day. This is their little cult, and if they dont want to give a cracker to someone then thats their business.

regardless of what they say, God may hate fags, but he thinks Lesbians are the shit!
(March 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Where did it say that she wasn't a Catholic? Did I miss that?

If the lesbian daughter was Catholic she would have known that according to church teaching she was not eligible for communion. If she was not Catholic then she should not have participated in the ritual. So either way she was in the wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 8871 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Communion/transubstantiation question vorlon13 15 1973 December 2, 2017 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9293 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Mother Marches Through Target With Her Family To Protest Transgender Bathroom Policy" TubbyTubby 6 1684 May 17, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: abaris
  mother teresa is a cunt here is why dyresand 36 17798 August 4, 2015 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: dyresand
Question Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Leonard Nimoy's Funeral Vox Populi 55 16359 March 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: remagination
  Funeral Question zebo-the-fat 26 5676 March 14, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Church exiles member for supporting lesbian daughter CleanShavenJesus 14 3727 August 27, 2013 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Mother Theresa - Servant of the Devil? EGross 79 33482 March 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  The Great Virgin Mother Isis - Ancient Mythology is not a Cheeseburger michaelsherlock 13 7760 June 12, 2012 at 8:29 am
Last Post: michaelsherlock