Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 11:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student of Swedenborg
Student of Swedenborg
My name is Chad and my goal for participating is to find interesting philosophical and theological questions. For me the questions are more important than the answers when reflecting on the nature of reality, our place in the world, and relationship to each other. My general philosophy follows the neo-Platonic tradition which I apply to the theology of Emmanuel Swedenborg. Among Catholics, mainline Protestants, and Evangelicals, that makes me a heretic. I have no interest in defending those doctrines. If I decide to participate in political discussions I will do so from the perspective of a Pro-Life Libertarian.
RE: Student of Swedenborg
Welcome
Hmmm...dont get many people from the "new church" on this board. welcome.
hello Smile
Welcome aboard amigo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome Chad

Njoy your stay here
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hey. Welcome.

"New church"? And just when I thought the old one was beginning to die out Sad

Welcome...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome.
Cunt
Quote:In Life on Other Planets, Swedenborg stated that he conversed with spirits from Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Saturn, Venus, and the moon. He did not report conversing with spirits from Uranus and Neptune, which were not yet discovered. ~ Wikipedia

Pretty much sums it up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP finleyk 14 3714 March 19, 2012 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Rob