Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypercube
Hypercube
Just a little progress report for my media player project..

Phase one, design. So far..

[Image: Image3.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Hypercube
Nice. Do you have a project page to download beta versions for it?
Once I have all the basic functions working I shall certainly be pestering people here to test it to death Big Grin
What video formats does it play?
(March 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm)Tiberius Wrote: What video formats does it play?

So far.. flv, mp4, avi, mpg, mkv, wmv, wma, mp3 and probably some others that I've forgotton..
Edit: Oh, and it will do DVD's and have video capture abilities as well, but that's a way off yet...
Not bad at all
What libraries are you leveraging?

And what is your goal for this project, other than make a beautiful video player (not implying anything)?

Furthermore, you may be doing something very similar to what the VirtualDub guy did (develop your own solution because the other ones out there aren't right in some way). If so, you might find his blog and documentation regarding how he developed VirtualDub may give you some insight (and moral support).
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Looking good. Am I the only one who actually tried to click the play button?

<crickets chirping>

... Oh.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 5, 2012 at 12:16 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: What libraries are you leveraging?

????

Quote:And what is your goal for this project, other than make a beautiful video player (not implying anything)?

All the media players I've come across so far have never really done all the things I've wanted them to. Couple that with a love of programming and a desire to be famous (virtually) and a desire for money and a history of making a pretty good living as a shareware author (which I let slip) and there you go Big Grin

Quote:Furthermore, you may be doing something very similar to what the VirtualDub guy did (develop your own solution because the other ones out there aren't right in some way). If so, you might find his blog and documentation regarding how he developed VirtualDub may give you some insight (and moral support).

I love VD. In fact, it was one of the reasons I switched back to 32bit OS just so it would work properly. That and DScaler..
What libraries are you using to get the actual video to display on the screen, or are you doing all that yourself?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypercube Darwinian 30 3528 February 18, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Hypercube Beta Test Darwinian 16 5683 June 24, 2012 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Darwinian