Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hello everyone!
Hello there atheist forums, I'm Valdyr. An efficient way to introduce myself would be to say that I'm everything the religious right despises; a leftist, an atheist, and gay.

On the more detailed front, I would consider myself an "old atheist" rather than a "new atheist," in that I am against scientism and am not a naturalist (at least the sort of naturalism espoused by most English-speaking thinkers). My academic specialty is philosophy, though I am also interested in political and social theory, sociology, economics, history, and physics.

Anyway, it's difficult to find good discussions on the internet, so I feel good having found this site, and I hope to enjoy my time here.
RE: Hello everyone!
Welcome

Nice to meet you! Big Grin
Welcome!

But unless your ass is darker than khaki, you haven't completed my conservative father's trifecta. Tongue

There is certainly discussion here. Whether it's good or not remains to be seen...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Nice to meet you.

With a focus on philosophy instead of science will be very interesting. I've recently rediscovered a love for philosophy, so I particularly look forward to your take on things.

I joined for the same reason you did, and quite recently. I was struggling to find discussions which avoided mindless headbutting of assertions, and a community that can discuss topics without mindlessly taking offence because someone disagrees with you.

Look forward to your comments.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(March 9, 2012 at 11:18 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: But unless your ass is darker than khaki, you haven't completed my conservative father's trifecta. Tongue

Ah, and I was doing so well! Oh well, I tried.
Hello and welcome to AF.org Smile
Welcome aboard.
Welcome
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IJqj1h8...re=related

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1405 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2173 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5643 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1889 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7831 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2616 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3836 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1231 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2382 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm