Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is this strange man and why is he here?
Big Grin 
Who is this strange man and why is he here?
Hello, AF.org!

I am an agnostic atheist living in Charlotte, NC. I found out about this forum from thesummerqueen - my wife and I met her through our local atheist chapter - which has its own forums but ... they aren't very active there.

I'm 29, straight, married with no kids (yet) and work in the energy industry.

My wife is also an atheist - but she just discovered Reddit and can't be bothered to join another internet community just yet.
RE: Who is this strange man and why is he here?
Welcome

Nice to meet you Tongue
Once you join Reddit... you can never go back Tiger

I like this forum...you're welcome to share it with me Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
She joined, she just doesn't spend any time here.

Brad's on here too.

Welcome Big Grin

Also, we've been discussing having our own "oasis" on here....
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi there and welcome,

A recommendation from summerqueen is a solid recommendation indeed from what I can tell.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Don't give me too much credit - I've brought and defended theists on this board, after all.
I don't see how that matters. If they are willing to discuss things and not get petulant about it.
Too much stock is put in the actual views, imo its the Ignorance that should be fought.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
I've been on reddit for years. I barely use it. *gasp*

Welcome.
I should add - that's not to say that I don't think Mr. Wildurr is pretty damn awesome. He fed me candied bacon and baked brie and I want to have sex with his TV.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6682 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  I'm Not Sure Why I'm Here? discordianpope 19 7301 September 18, 2012 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: jonb
  stranger in a strange land yoda55 17 3890 June 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: colubridae