Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there :-)
Hi there :-)

Hi everyone... my story is as follows,

I was a devout Muslim(Shiite) about 5 months ago... but then i learned of a staggering thought: It's that the custom of chest beating that shiites regularly do in the "holy" days of muharam was originally taken from eastern christians.

Then i thought for a moment "What if we took other stuff from other religions?" ...So i began some research, At the end of my research i came to the shocking conclusion that everything in Islam from head to toe was taken from other religions in the middle east?!

I felt that i was merely following a hybrid religion that a human created, not some divine being. Then i began to interpret the Quran and the Hadith as if i was a person at the time of prophet Muhammed... needless to say i felt silly to formerly believed in that kind of stuff.

So here i am joining this forum and debating these stuff... Because in my society i'd be an outcast if i tell them that i'm a weak agnostic.
RE: Hi there :-)
You aren't going to be convicted to death here, for apostasy, I guarantee you Tongue

Welcome
I think you'll find that a lot of religions are merely built upon the ones that preceeded them.

Welcome.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome aboard amigo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome to AF.org, where you can say whatever you damn well please, to an extent. But you wont get stoned for your beliefs, unless it involves weed.
Welcome,

While I am atheist, I am fortunate that I never had to do so when voicing my doubts was actively dangerous, and you have my complete respect for that, whether its shifting to agnosticism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, or outright atheism. You get bravery kudos just for that.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome to the forums! You're safe here..

Welcome.
Cunt
Assalaamu allaykum bro. I hope to talk with you some time. Smile
Thanks all ... you really make me feel as if i'm with my family :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, hi there, ho there NaughtyButNice 19 3074 February 14, 2016 at 4:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1823 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused