Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Christians...
Most Christians...
...that I know are really very nice people. They're always so happy, and it's kind of endearing to see them say, "Well, if we just have faith, we can persevere and keep on keeping on!"
Woo-hoo, good for you...
But, still. They're narrow-minded, and they just throw everything out the window that has nothing to do with their bible. Maybe they just want all the answers RIGHT HERE AND NOW, like I do. Hell, like we all do! Right?

What do you guys think?
RE: Most Christians...
You are correct when you say we are happy people. Part of our faith is in tomorrow (and eternity). If not, we would always be stuck in today's muck and mire. Every single day is not good, but life is!! I'm not sure I understand your question but those are my thoughts.

Icthus
But don't this faith in eternity cloud you from all the joy that can be found in this world right here and now?
Wizard's first ruleTongueeople are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.
Good point Mad scientist.

And see the Emily Dickinson quote in my sig if you want to know more of what I think on the matter of whether NO afterlife is inspiring or not.

(And I agree with the quote of course).

EvF
I agree with your Emily Dickinson quote to a point. Today is sweet because it will never come again. It's my faith that the afterlife will be good everyday that makes the worst days of this life sweet. Every DAY is not good, but LIFE is good!!

Icthus
I don't know a Christian I like.
(May 18, 2009 at 10:29 pm)icthus Wrote: I agree with your Emily Dickinson quote to a point. Today is sweet because it will never come again. It's my faith that the afterlife will be good everyday that makes the worst days of this life sweet. Every DAY is not good, but LIFE is good!!

Icthus
It may just be a question of choice on the word, or of me reading it too literrally, but if ''EVERY DAY'' is not good, how come that life can be good because that their is an afterlife, if all the good time come after, better end it as soon as possible?

(May 18, 2009 at 10:39 pm)lrh9 Wrote: I don't know a Christian I like.

I don't know a christian a would really call a christian...
Wizard's first ruleTongueeople are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.
I'll be the first then. Glad to meet you. My name is Icthus.

Icthus
Why do you think I like you or will like you?
Faith i presume Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7755 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31122 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 50945 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Do Christians really believe most of us are going to hell? GrandizerII 126 18405 July 15, 2014 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15766 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  The Most Insane Christians Godlesspanther 37 7780 November 27, 2013 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Most so called Christians have invented their own "God" that they worship TheGoodwillingAtheist 45 17394 June 12, 2013 at 8:26 am
Last Post: TheGoodwillingAtheist
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9936 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Christians Stole Most of Their Traditions from the Pagans chasm 22 39091 July 16, 2010 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist