Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly - a collaboration
Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly - a collaboration
Years ago (before my left hand gave out and I could actually play), I did a collaboration with my friend Brian, who lives in California. I did the MIDI music tracks, and he filled in the vocals. It's not great, but it was a lot of fun. It's one of the few songs I've done that has vocals. I recently remixed it so it does sound a little better:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/CO3kqZRH/LTF.html

Enjoy

P.S. All of the instrumentation you hear was done on keyboard, and sequenced with my computer.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly - a collaboration
No offense to your friend, but I think the vocals ruined it. But, I'm a diehard Pink Floyd fan.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: No offense to your friend, but I think the vocals ruined it. But, I'm a diehard Pink Floyd fan.

No offense taken. We both know that he isn't a good singer. I'm not either, but I wanted vocals on this track and he volunteered. If you know any volunteers who are good singers and would like to be on this track, I'm all ears. Please note, this is just for fun.
By the way, I did another Pink Floyd song about ten years ago. I orchestrated it a bit because, like I said, I'm a lousy singer. And this was using older MIDI technology. Still, the sequence is good even if the instrumentation leaves something to be desired. One of these day's I might redo it. Here it is - Comfortably Numb:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/mMXGjLBs/COMF...aster.html

Enjoy,
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
If you still have the instrumental version you recorded, PM me for my email addy and I'll see what I can do with it. I think I can mix audio on this computer.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: If you still have the instrumental version you recorded, PM me for my email addy and I'll see what I can do with it. I think I can mix audio on this computer.

Are you volunteering to lay down a vocal track for the song?

- Dr. Donald Prothero
You betcha
(March 15, 2012 at 9:55 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: You betcha

Do you have the capability to lay down a separate vocal track from the instrumental track and save it as a separate 44,100 Hz 16 bit pcm .wav track? If so, I'd prefer that you do it that way, so I can do the final mixing. Are we agreed? If so, I'll send you a pm so I can tell you where you can download the instrument track. (The instrument track file size is about 53 megabytes, so I assume you have broadband internet).

P.S. It would help if your eq settings are flat with no effects, and no noise reduction. I'll do that myself for the final mix.

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Yeah, I've got several different audio recording programs. I just need to dig out my good microphone.
(March 16, 2012 at 10:24 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Yeah, I've got several different audio recording programs. I just need to dig out my good microphone.

Great. Can't wait to hear it.

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lazarus Raised? Only if pigs fly... Minimalist 0 922 October 22, 2012 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Obama v.s. Fly Giff 4 1892 June 20, 2009 at 9:35 am
Last Post: LEDO