Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well hello there
Well hello there
Greetings my fellow godless heathens. I've just signed up and I suppose an introduction is in order.

Here's my life story in a nutshell. I was raised very religiously, Baptist. I have two pastors in my immediate family, my grandfather and uncle. I was a bible-thumping lunatic until I turned 15 and began to question the answers I had been spoon fed since birth. I couldn't take, "God did it" or, "Just have faith" as an answer anymore without any basis in fact. Spent a short time as an agnostic, then made my way to glorious atheism. My religious upbringing has given me insight into Christianity at least. I'm well versed in the bible, I was studying to become a pastor myself. I've felt the "presence" of god, which is nothing more then the power your mind has over the body. I can debate with the best of them and I will admit I can be a bit of a troll. I'll do my best to behave, however.
RE: Well hello there
(March 14, 2012 at 8:08 am)Mosrhun Wrote: Greetings my fellow godless heathens. I've just signed up and I suppose an introduction is in order.

Here's my life story in a nutshell. I was raised very religiously, Baptist. I have two pastors in my immediate family, my grandfather and uncle. I was a bible-thumping lunatic until I turned 15 and began to question the answers I had been spoon fed since birth. I couldn't take, "God did it" or, "Just have faith" as an answer anymore without any basis in fact. Spent a short time as an agnostic, then made my way to glorious atheism. My religious upbringing has given me insight into Christianity at least. I'm well versed in the bible, I was studying to become a pastor myself. I've felt the "presence" of god, which is nothing more then the power your mind has over the body. I can debate with the best of them and I will admit I can be a bit of a troll. I'll do my best to behave, however.

Hi dude, it's funny that, when people start to question their faith they usually lose itThinking

Welcome to the Dark Side young Padawan.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome Mosrhun

Enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 14, 2012 at 8:30 am)Zen Badger Wrote:
(March 14, 2012 at 8:08 am)Mosrhun Wrote: Greetings my fellow godless heathens. I've just signed up and I suppose an introduction is in order.

Hi dude, it's funny that, when people start to question their faith they usually lose itThinking

Welcome to the Dark Side young Padawan.

Upon rereading my initial post I see that it seems I am a young teenager so allow me to clarify.

I am 24 years old, have a 15 month old son and work in Information Technology. Thanks for the first welcome!
That's succint enough, since most us us had to struggle with belief.

Welcome
Welcome. It's always good to know there will be more company in hell for we atheists that hate god. My apologies for being related to pastors. That must be rough.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Zen Badger and I are well over the age of thirty...so to us you are a young 'padwan'

Have you met Min yet??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 14, 2012 at 8:36 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Have you met Min yet??

I have not, thanks for the welcome everyone.
Welcome.
Cunt
Welcome from the newest resident heretic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1187 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2415 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
  Well, it's been about four years. What's up all? Mudhammam 12 1209 July 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: tackattack
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1015 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  well im back dyresand 12 1207 April 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5059 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 839 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Well hello Abaddon_ire 23 3225 October 6, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12120 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2254 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie