Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ME3 Ending (SPOILERS, do not click if not yet finished)
ME3 Ending (SPOILERS, do not click if not yet finished)
My critique:

So I played it, I took my renegade biotic shepard through the game with Tali and Edi (I'll take my paragon through with Liara and the DLC character. What I absolutely loved was the fact that the renegade choices were no longer just things like *punch him in the face* or *shoot him before he gets a chance to shoot you*, some of them were difficult choices (you know the ones I mean =P, won't spoil it for wimps/paragons) that left you feeling guilty. Much worse than that Wrex death in ME1 that came from playing a neutral character =(.

The ending? Ok the lead up to it was great, the space battle, the arrival of the crucible, the desperate dash for the beam, the final chat with squad mates, the final pep talk... all great stuff. But what the hell was with the blue/red (and green which i've not yet seen but plan to unlock at some point, not too thrilled by the premis of it however, heard very bad things) endings, that's pretty much the choice. And the crash on an eden world, what on earth was with that? No getting to see the ramifications of my final choice on the squadmates/galactic races? I was quite underwhelmed. The nonsensical Dues Ex machina was the worst bit imo, but the space ship (with my crew we were on earth/orbiting earth not 20 seconds ago) somehow going through the mass relay came close. I'm in the 'would like a new ending, but it's their game and they can write whatever story they want.' The first 99.9 hours were great, the final 8 mins were a let down. What do you guys think, were you left feeling satisfied?

Best song ever, leaving earth/an end once and for all (better than the credits to ME1 (M2 by Faunts)
RE: ME3 Ending (SPOILERS, do not click if not yet finished)
Wait... mass effect 3 is out? 0.o

Doesn't matter if I can't play it yet, eh? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Haven't got the game yet but if they don't wrap things up and tell you what happens to your squadmates after all that then I'll be massively pissed.
What did you think about the ending and ultimately the 3 choices Shepard had to make?

The ending was perfect. Whether bioware knows it or not, this ending ultimately reflects the choices we all have in the end. We either Choose to align ourselves with our versions of Heaven/good, Hell/evil or we strive to maintain our idea of humanity.
Heaven can be represented in joining the collective, (The next evolution.) the Hell option is represented by the Master control exerted over others (Lucifer's want and desire for himself) The allegiance to humanity is illustrated by the destruction of the "old cycle." Shunning the whole process to try and strive to live beyond what has been destined for us.
My question is: What is the "team" doing on the Normandy running from earth when the mass effect relays were being destroyed? What was all of the talk about unity and team work when Shepard is on the citadel taking one for th team, and all of them have rallied together apparently hop on the ship and then traveled past Pluto to make a relay jump?
There was still fighting going on, on earth. Where did they NEED to go so badly? Or did they just think Shepard Failed and they were getting out of dodge before everything was destroyed?

(This is what i wrote on another site trying to start a similar thread on ME3
I love the game and the series as a whole. It gets a little preachy on the paragon path, but it does have you make an equally hard choice that had me stop game play cold and rethink my decisions.

The whole Normandy bugging out really threw me but otherwise, Awesome experience all the way round!
I know this forum is 'themed' but not sure how you managed to shoehorn a christian message in there.

Here's a great article about the ending - Its obviously laden with spoilers, but I had to know what all the fuss was about and tbh I have real reservations about buying this game now... Well, until it's about £10 anyway
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-e...are-right/
(March 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm)Chuff Wrote: I know this forum is 'themed' but not sure how you managed to shoehorn a christian message in there.

Here's a great article about the ending - Its obviously laden with spoilers, but I had to know what all the fuss was about and tbh I have real reservations about buying this game now... Well, until it's about £10 anyway
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-e...are-right/

Have you never seen a preacher they can jam christianity into everything.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well apparently thanks to the whiny little girls pissing and moaning about the ending, Bioware is going to fix the ending via DLC. Congrats pussies, you have successfully killed artistic integrity in a company that gave us 7 years of epic space opera.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
(March 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm)SleepingDemon Wrote: Well apparently thanks to the whiny little girls pissing and moaning about the ending, Bioware is going to fix the ending via DLC. Congrats pussies, you have successfully killed artistic integrity in a company that gave us 7 years of epic space opera.

Lol, artistic integrity? No, man. Just. No. XD THere was nothing artistic about that ending, it was literally a rushed-in-five-days ending they slapped on because the original one was leaked a week before the game went gold.
It was still their ending. How many movies have had shitty endings? Do you slam the director on Twitter and force them to reshoot? No. I hated the movie Skyline, so after I watched it, I sold it. The ending of Mass Effect was the 10 minutes on the citadel, not the multicolored explosion endings. I liked it. So now does every publisher have to bend to the will of unsatisfied customers? Why don't they just put it up for a vote before they finish it and let the majority decide how a publisher ends their game that they put thousands of hours into.
"In our youth, we lacked the maturity, the decency to create gods better than ourselves so that we might have something to aspire to. Instead we are left with a host of deities who were violent, narcissistic, vengeful bullies who reflected our own values. Our gods could have been anything we could imagine, and all we were capable of manifesting were gods who shared the worst of our natures."-Me

"Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men." – Francis Bacon
(March 21, 2012 at 6:33 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Lol, artistic integrity? No, man. Just. No. XD THere was nothing artistic about that ending, it was literally a rushed-in-five-days ending they slapped on because the original one was leaked a week before the game went gold.

The ending was leaked... so fucking what?

The (vast) majority of their playerbase would have bought the game regardless of knowing about the ending. Hell... I didn't even know the ending got leaked.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finished playing HZD Foxaèr 10 2191 May 2, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What simulator they haven't made yet? Fake Messiah 13 1757 December 14, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Anybody Played This Game Yet? Seriousman 2 1423 October 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Half finished and to be patched. Something completely different 5 955 September 16, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mass Effect 3's ending Creed of Heresy 1 1077 November 30, 2012 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  I just finished Chrono Trigger! Tempus 10 2671 September 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  GAME not stocking ME3 Napoléon 24 6665 March 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  StarCraft II Leaked ending? *May contain spoilers* Siegetank241 7 2269 May 7, 2011 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Violet