Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A proper (belated) introduction for Kichi
A proper (belated) introduction for Kichi
Hi, I'm not new here. This is a belated introduction for Kichi's sake. You'll have to forgive me, Kichi. I was raised by wolves, or xtian fundamentalists which is probably worse. Anyhow, I rarely write a thank you card or make a formal introduction or act in any other way that would demonstrate an ounce of upbringing. Sorry about that. If it is any consolation I do try to be polite, mostly because I always hope the other person will be worthy. So I start off on the right foot just in case.

You already know I make a garden. Just one, ever. Sometimes I wonder if I'd enjoy making others professionally. But frankly I get so much enjoyment out of gardening just to suit me and not as a kind of calling card that I really don't want to do anything to screw that up. This is the main area of my life where I get to be impulsive and creative, and yes I do think the two are closely related.

I used to ride motorcycles and part of the satisfaction was the feeling of having my life right smack dab in my own hands. Up until my early 20's I would avoid even going on a roller coaster because frankly life was just so fucking good that I couldn't imagine why I should want to risk it in any way. And then I found out. It turns out to be thrilling to take risks. For me it started with skateboarding and moved on to motorcycling and a little climbing. Like most things, everything in measure I suppose. I'm no longer an adrenaline junkie but I do recall the sweet taste fondly.

I've been an atheist since about the age of 10. Before that I was a zealous but self-taught Christian who thought anyone who didn't love God above everything was just the worst kind of ingrate. My father was really the fundamentalist. My mother accepted religion but she thought through social and moral situations for herself without resort to a bible. She was very good at reading people but was a high school drop out. My father was socially oblivious, did some college but was a total pedant intellectually owing mostly to his obsession with the literal bible. The beliefs I cobbled together from having attended church until about the age of four and from my fathers pious presence were not so bad and not so hard to give up either. So I don't carry a lot of resentment where religion is concerned. None for me though, thanks.

Okay, writing about oneself is pretty boring so if you want to know anything else you have to ask. Does this count as a proper introduction, Kichi? Any feedback would be appreciated as I am definitely not well brought up.
RE: A proper (belated) introduction for Kichi
Good job you made this. I can definitely assert you exist now.
That was lovely whateverist Heart If it wasn't for the love of gardening I think I would have just complained bitterly about your non-introduction.

Perhaps I can talk a little about myself for YOU? As my intro was way back and I doubt anyone would want to go searching for it Blush

I have a Roman Catholic (lapsed) father and a High Church of England Mother and yes I hold my mother in much regard as she was always able to think for herself and her husband...(he is an absolute drop-kick paedophilic bastard). Being the eldest of four children I was the last to drop the whole religious nonsense at the age of 14, and yes mum tried the Sunday school thingy with us but we never liked it and she never pushed it.

So fast forward to two grown children (both with their own issues) and a stable relationship I am able to indulge my love of riding; since horses are out of the question Bikes are the next best thing. I went to TAFE (here it is a Technical College) when my children were young and earnt my Advanced Diploma in Horticulture with a Post Graduate in Permaculture after failing to get past biochemistry in the Pathology Technicians Certificate. Work in this field has always been tight and as a mature aged candidate I seem to have always lost out to the younger 20 something year olds.

As you know, I have a totally "sterile" canvas to create something that may one day resemble a garden and am very happy that at the moment none of my trees are "carking it" with all the Australian Summer heat. Mornings now are much cooler and that means Autumn is on the way Big Grin

So there you are whateverist... introductions exchanged and a hearty Welcome to you.

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 18, 2012 at 12:20 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: That was lovely whateverist Heart If it wasn't for the love of gardening I think I would have just complained bitterly about your non-introduction.

Perhaps I can talk a little about myself for YOU? As my intro was way back and I doubt anyone would want to go searching for it Blush

I have a Roman Catholic (lapsed) father and a High Church of England Mother and yes I hold my mother in much regard as she was always able to think for herself and her husband...(he is an absolute drop-kick paedophilic bastard). Being the eldest of four children I was the last to drop the whole religious nonsense at the age of 14, and yes mum tried the Sunday school thingy with us but we never liked it and she never pushed it.

So fast forward to two grown children (both with their own issues) and a stable relationship I am able to indulge my love of riding; since horses are out of the question Bikes are the next best thing. I went to TAFE (here it is a Technical College) when my children were young and earnt my Advanced Diploma in Horticulture with a Post Graduate in Permaculture after failing to get past biochemistry in the Pathology Technicians Certificate. Work in this field has always been tight and as a mature aged candidate I seem to have always lost out to the younger 20 something year olds.

As you know, I have a totally "sterile" canvas to create something that may one day resemble a garden and am very happy that at the moment none of my trees are "carking it" with all the Australian Summer heat. Mornings now are much cooler and that means Autumn is on the way Big Grin

So there you are whateverist... introductions exchanged and a hearty Welcome to you.

And officially welcome right back at you and thanks for the intro. This is more civilized, isn't it? It must be exciting to consider your not so blank canvas.

I'm up late getting a bit of work done but need to go tank it now. Will check in tomorrow.

I never felt that you were a blank canvas my dear whateverist... the fact that you teach? Amazing! I would not have the patience for it.

But let us consider "A Garden" ...it is NEVER finished, there is ALWAYS something that HAS to be done and it fits very neatly into the cycle of the seasons.

So a joyous Equinox to you my dear friend... I hope that your springtime growing season is sans any hasssles. Watch out for Summer though and

MULCH LIKE CRAZY!! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 721 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 954 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1941 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1336 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3683 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2240 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1970 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1145 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 950 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2845 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2