Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new home?
My new home?
Hey, I'm 21 and in my second year of university studying engineering.

A month ago I would have told you I was a hardcore Christian doing the will of God on Earth as it is in Heaven. Well, after being in the forum that I was previously in all that changed. Sadly, the community there was split 50/50 as to whether my de-conversion was real.

Last night I was banned for supposedly being a theist troll. It annoys me that they have no clue what I'm going through. De-conversion isn't something that happens overnight in your sleep. What's worse is that 80% of my friends are born again Christians so I haven't actually talked to anyone that I know in real life about my de-conversion. That other forum was all I had to escape the insanity that has become my life. So after having my faith shattered and then getting kicked out I felt alone for the first time in my life.

This is why I've come here, where I'm hoping I'll be accepted and be trusted when I say I am now a free-thinker and not a theist anymore. I hope I can stay here for good =)

EDIT: if you're wondering about my name, I used to be called ReasonToFollow in my former forum. RTF to FTR is symbolic of how my world was flipped upside down forever.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: My new home?
Welcome Reason... We demand only one thing here, DON'T START FUCKING PREACHING! Clear?

Other than that I would strongly suggest that you start in our Religion forums and read.....

What we value is you thinking for yourself and being able to defend your position - in your own words...funny how you are studying engineering.

Again, Welcome aboard.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome.

I'll let you stay, but only if you make me pancakes the morning after.
Cunt
No will respect you the morning "after" frankiej ... pancakes??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I love pancakes.
Cunt
As long as your not a theist troll, then I don't foresee a problem. Congratulations on ditching your faith blanky.

Welcome

Sook.... I'll make you pancakes. Zen loves them too. Tongue
(March 19, 2012 at 3:16 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Welcome Reason... We demand only one thing here, DON'T START FUCKING PREACHING! Clear?

Other than that I would strongly suggest that you start in our Religion forums and read.....

What we value is you thinking for yourself and being able to defend your position - in your own words...funny how you are studying engineering.

Again, Welcome aboard.

Preach about what? The ways of the free thinker?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
The usual "Born Again bible crap"...we are getting a great many xtians here that slip into verse quoting as if that answers their questions...
(March 19, 2012 at 3:25 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: The usual "Born Again bible crap"...we are getting a great many xtians here that slip into verse quoting as if that answers their questions...

Maybe we didn't read the same introduction about myself?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for new forum home. Hobbitgirl 41 6821 November 1, 2013 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Finally Home AZatheist 10 1740 January 28, 2013 at 5:21 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home! mohnjorrow 21 4230 January 24, 2013 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Metallica
  New New New Quid 23 4752 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Heart Feels like home already. DarthAshleigh 7 2698 January 12, 2012 at 10:17 am
Last Post: znk666