Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
My Story
I suppose I should begin at the beginning.

My parents are both Christians. They were both raised in very conservative Christian households. So they brought me up in one. I went to Vacation Bible School and Sunday School and church every Sunday and things like that. I guess I believed it because I had always been told that it was true.

When I was 13, I became one of the core members of our church's youth group. I kept on that for a long time. I went to the Synod Youth Gatherings, to church camp, still went to youth forum, all that jazz. Last summer I went to Leadership Quest, a camp in Minnesota, which I considered to be the best week of my life at the time.

Sometime freshman year in high school, I started to get depressed. I eventually tried to kill myself, and obviously failed. I started to lose my faith. Then I began to listen to Rage Against the Machine, my favorite band. They really opened my eyes to a lot of the bigotry and hypocrisy involved in religion. I started questioning things until the whole idea of God sounded totally ludachris to me!

And here I am today. I've been an atheist for less than a year, but I think I'll be one the rest of my life.
RE: My Story
Hi and welcome Zapata.
the whole idea of God sounds totally ludachrist to me as well! Tongue
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1737 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1912 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5279 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4523 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4535 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2300 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3324 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4488 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  Another Story Raevoryx 9 3798 August 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Raevoryx
  My story. topher 0 1100 April 24, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: topher