Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists Unbless Road
Atheists Unbless Road
From The Onion: http://www.theonion.com/articles/atheist...oad,27706/

P.S. It's from the American Voices section, which means it's real news, it's just the reactions that are fake.

Also, if you want more on the story, and are up for it, you can read the full story on Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/19/flo...desperate/

I find the Fox News report funny because of the real reactions from the the local religious leaders:

Quote:"They were just desperate for a little attention for their cause. Only two of them showed up, it wasn't a big gathering."

Lol, what makes putting holy water on a highway in the first place not desperate for attention? And also why is this even news then?
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
RE: Atheists Unbless Road
Fucking lolgasm commencing. XD
Yeah saw this one... funny as!! ROFLOL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I really don't understand this thing with atheists in America.
This is the only ideological war you've been through ever since your foundation?
Quote:The unblessing project, he explained, was "not about atheist rights," but about "welcoming everybody into Polk County."
I think it has nothing to do with this either.
I think people have nothing further to discuss ideologically, so they symbollically bless-unbless eachothers roads, church bells, mayhap, and sons and daughters.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 21, 2012 at 7:31 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I really don't understand this thing with atheists in America.
This is the only ideological war you've been through ever since your foundation?
Quote:The unblessing project, he explained, was "not about atheist rights," but about "welcoming everybody into Polk County."
I think people have nothing further to discuss ideologically, so they symbollically bless-unbless eachothers roads, church bells, mayhap, and sons and daughters.

I think it is because the whole separation of church and state is a major thang. The country was built on that idea. Many Christians just can't let that go. They have to have their slimy mitts everywhere.
Cunt
(March 21, 2012 at 7:42 am)frankiej Wrote:
(March 21, 2012 at 7:31 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I really don't understand this thing with atheists in America.

I think it is because the whole separation of church and state is a major thang. The country was built on that idea. Many Christians just can't let that go. They have to have their slimy mitts everywhere.

Can't let that go?
I think the majority of the people who were there at the country's foudation were christians.
There isn't much to be discussed here.
Besides, if they choose to *bless* a road, they do so on their own accord.
The state doesn't tell them to do it, nor is their blessing funded by the state.
I don't know where this has been violating the seperation of church and state.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(March 21, 2012 at 7:46 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Besides, if they choose to *bless* a road, they do so on their own accord.
The state doesn't tell them to do it, nor is their blessing funded by the state.

And if some people want to unbless a road then they may do so on their own accord.
Cunt
I may start performing un-christenenings. People who were christened as kids can then be un-christened.
I can also perform ceremony's to make marriages no longer in the eyes of god.
(March 21, 2012 at 7:50 am)frankiej Wrote:
(March 21, 2012 at 7:46 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Besides, if they choose to *bless* a road, they do so on their own accord.

And if some people want to unbless a road then they may do so on their own accord.

On which basis?

(March 21, 2012 at 8:03 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: On which basis?

Freedom of religion or lack thereof.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Watergate II: A Road To Impeachment DarkerEnergy 24 7810 July 4, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: GUBU