Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heya
Heya
Heya.

This is actually the first atheist based forum I have found.
I recently became an atheist and I would like to read more about it and ask questions somewhere centered around atheism.

So I could probably be described as a lurker a lot of the time, but I will be absorbing your brilliant-ness as I Lurker

Thank you very much for your time, I hope you feel I'm not taking up space unnecessarily here.

Take care
xx
RE: Heya
Welcome. Others might find it interesting to hear how you became an atheist. You could post this on threads devoted to that topic.
(March 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Others might find it interesting to hear how you became an atheist.

Butterfly stopped believing in god. I think that just about covers it.

Welcome Butterfly.

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Good to have you aboard. We could always do with more atheist muscle, so rest assured you'll only be taking up necessary space.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hi Butterfly! Where are you from? Were you a Christian in your previous life? Which version?
Welcome to the forums! Don't be to shy to jump into a conversation, or ask questions. We have lots of smart, helpful people here.

Heya. Thank you all so much for your replies Shy
ChadWooters: I will be sure to check it out
Paul The Human: I'm from the Uk, and I was a Baptist.
Thank you for your warm welcomes, and I look forward to getting stuck in and learning much more.
Take care everyone
xx
(March 23, 2012 at 12:39 pm)butterfly Wrote: Heya.

This is actually the first atheist based forum I have found.
I recently became an atheist and I would like to read more about it and ask questions somewhere centered around atheism.

So I could probably be described as a lurker a lot of the time, but I will be absorbing your brilliant-ness as I Lurker

Thank you very much for your time, I hope you feel I'm not taking up space unnecessarily here.

Take care
xx

Hello, and welcome, friend.
I hope you find your time worthwhile.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Hey butterfly. Welcome.

What turned you from Christian to atheist?

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heya folks... krstl_mrrw 28 2471 May 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Heya. ;) Integrity 14 1805 August 27, 2013 at 8:44 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Heya Folks plaincents 8 2099 February 27, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Heya. BeefiestName 11 1866 February 13, 2013 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: frankiej