Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-belief
Non-belief
I'm sure most people that have been on the internet and interested in religion for the last three years have seen the chart that lists religions by the number of adherents as

Christianity - 2.1 billion
Islam - 1.5 Billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist - 1.1 Billion

What struck me tonight is that China was noticeably absent from these numbers and an estimate of nonbelievers in China ranges from .5 - 1 billion. So either way, the Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist category outnumbers Islam by at least 100 million and could possibly be on the heels of the Jewish zombie/vampire egotistical cult.
RE: Non-belief
As if the numbers matter on the least.

Reality isn't determined by popular opinion.
(March 25, 2012 at 2:34 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: As if the numbers matter on the least.

Reality isn't determined by popular opinion.

No it isn't but it would be great to stick it down the throats of the zombie Jew crew.
Popularity is what most religions rely on to support their doctrine. Don't know the name for it ....appeal to popularity??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
These figures do not take into account the rebellious kids/teens (who are included in the non-believers category) who later turn to God when they become adults.
(March 25, 2012 at 3:40 am)Christian Wrote: These figures do not take into account the rebellious kids/teens (who are included in the non-believers category) who later turn to God when they become adults.

These figures most likely don't take teens into account at all. You have to be a certain age to fill out the surveys, don't you?
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
(March 25, 2012 at 3:42 am)Aegrus Wrote:
(March 25, 2012 at 3:40 am)Christian Wrote: These figures do not take into account the rebellious kids/teens (who are included in the non-believers category) who later turn to God when they become adults.

These figures most likely don't take teens into account at all. You have to be a certain age to fill out the surveys, don't you?

Go look it up. The data seems to be from both Encyclopedia Brittanica and World Christian Encyclopedia. I would assume the lower age limit was set to 18 in most cases but I can be fairly certain the 2.1 billion Christians was inflated by the numerous infant baptisms by the Christian churches.

Assuming that's true, so what?

See the first reply.

But they take into account the countless numbers of infant baptisms in the Christian churches. What's the matter? You butthurt cause Christianity is rapidly losing it's status in the world?
(March 25, 2012 at 3:50 am)Phil Wrote:

But they take into account the countless numbers of infant baptisms in the Christian churches. What's the matter? You butthurt cause Christianity is rapidly losing it's status in the world?

Perhaps his faith depends on its popularity?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3085 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1843 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6320 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2855 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5537 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 78019 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5192 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Why don't some people understand lack of belief? Der/die AtheistIn 125 22042 April 20, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2872 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160294 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished