Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing God: The Loving Psychopath
Playing God: The Loving Psychopath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJGwMHEohzc

RE: Playing God: The Loving Psychopath
It's too bad that most of our brothers in christ won't even watch that video and the handful that do won't even comprehend it. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

That is too bad. If they don't watch it, it's because they're scared. If they do watch it, they won't want to comprehend it. I loved it. Very compelling.

(March 27, 2012 at 10:49 pm)aleialoura Wrote: That is too bad. If they don't watch it, it's because they're scared. If they do watch it, they won't want to comprehend it. I loved it. Very compelling.

I agree with the sentiment of the video - hell is a thing I hate to question - I view it as an undesirable consequence but perhaps that's not realistic - I'll readily admit it - I can't deal with the concept of Hell, at least not yet.

On the other hand, people are not ants - don't you think God is there to share in our joys and accomplishments and is occasionally made very happy by some of the things we accomplish (having his children surprise Him?) You can't just look at the bad things that happen in the world or struggle with things in the Bible that don't make sense to you and conclude he doesn't exist.

Suppose the most evil being in the world, Satan, has just helped kill 10,000 people somewhere by "seeding" a person with a couple of dangerous ideas that come to fruition over the course of a decade.
He has the soul of a little girl in his arm and is carrying her away.
God shows up and Satan turns to look at him - there is nothing good in this demon or so he thinks, he stares at God with utter loathing and disgust, wanting to destroy God utterly. Then, for just a couple of seconds, Satan receives images from God's mind and is unable to force them from his head. For a moment, Satan sees though God's eyes and is utterly shocked... God's eyes are looking at a beautiful angel who once loved him very much... one he knew long, long ago....

If God could do this for Satan, could he not do this for the most evil person on earth? Consider this and then ask, what about the rest of us....

(March 28, 2012 at 12:08 am)rbak923 Wrote:
(March 27, 2012 at 10:49 pm)aleialoura Wrote: That is too bad. If they don't watch it, it's because they're scared. If they do watch it, they won't want to comprehend it. I loved it. Very compelling.

I agree with the sentiment of the video - hell is a thing I hate to question - I view it as an undesirable consequence but perhaps that's not realistic - I'll readily admit it - I can't deal with the concept of Hell, at least not yet.

On the other hand, people are not ants - don't you think God is there to share in our joys and accomplishments and is occasionally made very happy by some of the things we accomplish (having his children surprise Him?) You can't just look at the bad things that happen in the world or struggle with things in the Bible that don't make sense to you and conclude he doesn't exist.

First of all, which god? Which god should I conclude does exist?

Quote:Suppose the most evil being in the world, Satan, has just helped kill 10,000 people somewhere by "seeding" a person with a couple of dangerous ideas that come to fruition over the course of a decade.

I don't believe Satan actually exists, but I rather revere him as a hero. Fictitious characters don't seed people with anything. What is a dangerous idea?

Quote:He has the soul of a little girl in his arm and is carrying her away.
God shows up and Satan turns to look at him - there is nothing good in this demon or so he thinks, he stares at God with utter loathing and disgust, wanting to destroy God utterly.Then, for just a couple of seconds, Satan receives images from God's mind and is unable to force them from his head. For a moment, Satan sees though God's eyes and is utterly shocked... God's eyes are looking at a beautiful angel who once loved him very much... one he knew long, long ago....

ROFLOL

What the fuck are you talking about? You people live so far away from reality, it's pathetic. Jesus fucking christ! that is so weird you believe that shit.

Quote:If God could do this for Satan, could he not do this for the most evil person on earth? Consider this and then ask, what about the rest of us....

Who gives a shit?

Ow. . .. the insanity of rbak burns my eyes. Since when did we cross over into the twilight zone? O.o
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
It was about two or three weeks ago.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
We're in the twilight zone? Holy jesus balls! Do you think my skin will sparkle in the sunlight now?

I didn't realize people shared my ant god hobby.
For about three years, most of my paintings were of ants. I had one where a very large foot in a high heel shoe had stomped on an anthill, and there were just a few sad ants left, weeping over the spilled guts of their dead family... but the one of the ants having their picnic carried away by tiny people was my favorite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loving the New Lost in Space AFTT47 3 383 June 17, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  How The Ever-Loving FUCK! BrianSoddingBoru4 23 5010 December 21, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Rainbow me playing some fucking brutal guitar Funt Clap 3 1115 November 24, 2015 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Best guitar playing you will ever see Napoléon 1 1022 June 27, 2014 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire