Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Photography
Vintage Photography
I found this blog that's amused me all this morning.

Thomas Edison with his second phonograph by Matthew Brady, 1878
I think he was rather handsome!

Unknown man
I've always had something of a fondness for mutton chops. Tongue

Can't escape the cat memes...even 100 years ago.

Rudolph Valentino 1922

Mata Hari 1910
For someone whose name conjures up a femme fatale mystique, in profile she doesn't fit the standard of beauty from our time. Among other things out of her life, I think the legacy as far as beauty goes that she leaves for women is to use what you have and always, always build a good story around yourself.

Above 5th Ave, looking north

Dressing the Bride, 1890's

Studio Lévy and Sons : Train wreck at Montparnasse Station 1895

Charlie Chaplin, 1922
I don't know why, but when I think of Rhiz, Chaplin is always ghosting around in the image in my head.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Vintage Photography
Quote:Studio Lévy and Sons : Train wreck at Montparnasse Station 1895

I've seen this picture before. How would you like to have been on the sidewalk below when the train came crashing through the wall?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I think Mata Hari would still be considered gorgeous today.
I think she would too, though even in her time she wasn't known as a "classic" beauty. She had a raw sexuality. It's like Daniel Craig, who isn't classically handsome but has an onscreen presence that just screams charisma, power and sex.
Daniel Craig also has an infinity pack that makes the average stomach look like pizza dough. Wink
I was talking about his face though, lol.
Who cares about his face? That man's abs go from his chin to his penis. Wink
lmao, that reminds me of Brian Thompson joking about how even Brad Pitt's penis has abs.
"I have a collection of rare photographs. I have a rare picture of Norman Rockwell beating up a child. I also have one of Houdini locking his keys in his car." - Stephen Wright
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: "I have a collection of rare photographs. I have a rare picture of Norman Rockwell beating up a child. I also have one of Houdini locking his keys in his car." - Stephen Wright

Wright, huh? You know two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make a plane.

Also, Nikola Tesla:
[Image: tes1B.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How cool is Macro/Micro Photography??! Mystical 19 4398 August 26, 2017 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Casual Photography ErGingerbreadMandude 21 1975 February 2, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  2012 Pulitzer Prize Winner: Massoud Hossaini’s Breaking News Photography Koldaramor 2 1620 April 19, 2012 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Koldaramor
  Photography Nat Geo style thesummerqueen 6 1606 November 15, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh