Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for Muamba (or any other person that's been fucked over)
Pray for Muamba (or any other person that's been fucked over)
I'm assuming most of the people here have heard about Fabrice Muamba, if not, I guess go find out somewhere.

Also I should of posted on this sooner, more relevant to the time, but whatever.

Anyway.

Isn't it ironic that so many people say that it's a miracle that Fabrice Muamba is still alive and that we should pray for him, yet they forget that it must of been god who fucked him over in the first place. People are also quick to attribute such amazing recoveries (he was dead for around 80 minutes) to miracles, rather than the brilliant work of paramedics and doctors, and ofcourse medical science. They say "Pray for Muamba". Because we somehow want god to change his infallible plan. That or 'praying' simply makes us feel like we are doing something to help this guy.

[Image: chelsea-s-gary-cahill-reveals-a-pray-for...390267.jpg]

The thing which sickened me most about all of this, was that the Muamba family said, "that they would first like to thank God for helping Fabrice recover". Fuck the paramedics who rushed onto the pitch to save his life, it was the Almightly Lawd who saved him.

ARGHHHH!

So much idioticness in the world.
RE: Pray for Muamba (or any other person that's been fucked over)
I more than any slightly disappointed by the whole thing. I thought we were past all this prayer helps bullshit here.
Its a way of feeling like your doing something when youre helpless.

Or to put it another way.

Its just superstition.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yes, prayer is mental masturbation. It doesn't really do anything useful other than making the people doing it feel good.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
He's african and footballers and the fans are generally mental pond life so don't worry, but do worry when British MP's think it was faith healing http://www.peoplesrepublicofsouthdevon.c...l-adverts/
(March 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm)Insanity x Wrote: I thought we were past all this prayer helps bullshit here.

That's what makes me laugh. Shit loads of people on my facebook, people who aren't even religious, are plastering my news feed with "Let's all pray for Muamba". People just jump on the bandwagon to make themselves feel self righteous.
Who? From the photo,I gather he's some soccer player.Thinking
(March 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm)padraic Wrote: Who? From the photo,I gather he's some soccer player

Yeah basically. Dead for about 80 minutes but the doctors managed to revive him. Doubt they'd of taken the time to revive one of us mere mortals if it was us in that situation.
Quote:Dead for about 80 minutes but the doctors managed to revive him

Here's a hint for all the praying assholes. If the doctors had just stood there he still be fucking DEAD.
Pardon me for being an American and not giving a shit about the 2nd most boring sport on the planet, but who the fuck is Fabrice Muamba????

(March 28, 2012 at 6:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Dead for about 80 minutes but the doctors managed to revive him

Here's a hint for all the praying assholes. If the doctors had just stood there he still be fucking DEAD.

Common now Min ... Tim Tebow has proven that the christian god has got a real hard-on for professional famous athletes. Tongue
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bigfoot and other real legends Data 0 368 September 19, 2023 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Data
  I've been born again. Jehanne 17 1444 February 17, 2022 at 4:56 am
Last Post: no one
  Parrots incredibly talk to one other like humans WinterHold 7 487 December 13, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  SNL has been killing it lately Aegon 19 2128 February 19, 2017 at 12:35 am
Last Post: scoobysnack
  How long has this been going on? BrianSoddingBoru4 0 677 December 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Colbert Report is a better source of information than other news sources? Chad32 2 959 June 3, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Where have you Brits been hiding this guy? SteelCurtain 3 1046 March 31, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  All Men Have Been Here Minimalist 13 2863 June 15, 2013 at 5:45 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  "Why Science is Better Than Religion and Always Has Been" Justtristo 1 943 November 14, 2011 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  You've been Trumped frankiej 4 1171 October 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah