Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you compare COD to Halo?
How can you compare COD to Halo?
How can you compare COD to Halo? One is a sci-fi shooter the other is a modern day based shooter. Other than the fact that they are FPS's, there are no similarities. Why do people find the need to take sides in somthing that doesn't even need to be debated. Its like me saying, "I like Lamps better than yoyo's, fuck you!!!" I just don't get it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. - A dusty old book that I found that must be completely true because someone wrote it down.
RE: How can you compare COD to Halo?
There both competitive online interactive shooters that showcase skill, teamwork, and strategy. Otherwise its the attraction to the theme and "genre" behind said shooter. One is more realistic and simpler. While the other is fantasy and sci-fi. Cod is somewhat mundane and easy while halo can be quite exciting and gay(vehicles and power weapons). Who plays cod and debates that halo is better or vice versa. Cod is getting real old and those good kids at halo can not be beat so really i think they both suck but you my reason why.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
This is more along the line of comparing Red Apples to Green Apples.

Their both shooters, just two different styles.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(March 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm)WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth Wrote: How can you compare COD to Halo?

Same way people compare Skyrim and Dark Souls. Because they are sad.
I love both for different reasons. Fuck the idiots who argue over which one is better when its a matter of personal opinion.
I personally think Halo is incredibly lame. But a lot of people disagree with me. Even though I don't like Halo I still wouldn't compare it to COD, or Battlefield or Medal of Honor just because it is the same genre of game. That's just retarded.
I have never been a huge fan of first person games, but in my opinion, Halo is better (mainly due to its beasting campaign). I don't love it though, so I wouldn't go mad at anyone dissing it.

I don't play online though, so maybe I am missing what everyone seems to love about COD. Story comes first in my eyes. I like multiplayer, but only local... with friends... actually with you.

Goldeneye still trumps all fps games. \m/
Cunt
(March 30, 2012 at 9:48 am)frankiej Wrote: I don't play online though, so maybe I am missing what everyone seems to love about COD.

I don't know anyone who plays COD for it's story to be honest.
(March 30, 2012 at 9:52 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(March 30, 2012 at 9:48 am)frankiej Wrote: I don't play online though, so maybe I am missing what everyone seems to love about COD.

I don't know anyone who plays COD for it's story to be honest.

Yeah, the campaign is dire. Far too short, far too shit. Tbh, I don't like fps gameplay that much anyway. There are certain ones which are fantastic, but most are far too similar.
Cunt
(March 30, 2012 at 9:55 am)frankiej Wrote: Yeah, the campaign is dire. Far too short, far too shit. Tbh, I don't like fps gameplay that much anyway. There are certain ones which are fantastic, but most are far too similar.

To be honest I find gaming as a whole tedious these days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halo 5 Exian 0 468 November 9, 2015 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Exian
  COD Advanced Warfare Marsellus Wallace 20 3399 May 8, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Nine
  Is CoD Ghosts Worth It? Walking Void 50 10057 January 29, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Halo 4 Drich 33 5644 November 26, 2012 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: SleepingDemon
  Battlefield/Halo/Resistance/Gears of War/etc gaming clan Creed of Heresy 0 1340 July 1, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Halo Reach anyone? HigherLvlofThinking 10 2996 January 24, 2011 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Xyster