Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it.
Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it.
I've been doing some thinking in between bursts of submitting applications for pedestrian jobs for shitty wages so I can pay my rent and bills which are piling up and threatening to reach critical mass. After answering the same ten questions in ten different ways time different times each, my brain cries out for stimulation, and I must oblige.

Lately the cause of militant atheism has become louder and more vocal, especially on the internet. Many attribute this to being just because on the internet, your balls are as big as the text you write in, but in truth it's because the internet is a giant open forum where the opinion of a million may be against you and the worst that can happen from this mob's outrage is a ban from a website or just a lot of trolling or textual flaming. In real life this is not true. I could not hope to stand in the middle of a street in Iraq, or Iran, or Afghanistan, or Pakistan, and scream and shout that Mohammed was a child-raping murderous sociopathic schizophrenic narcissistic basket case and expect to live for very long, but here, on the internet, I need fear no such reprisal. Sure, some may trace my IP somehow and become obsessed and find me but at least if they do, it'll be at my home, where I am armed and can at least see them coming in greater likelihood.

To my original point, I have heard from many moderate christians and muslims [if such a thing exists, and I am not convinced they do in any great number] and jews who say with a measure of disgruntled ire that atheists are getting louder and louder and shoving our not-belief in their face with greater, bolder volumes. You can scarcely find a comment on Epic Snaps or Trolino or demotivational or the dozens of other meme-based sites proclaiming some kind of god-praise without seeing four times as many people scorning the OP for his dim-witted fairy-tale burblings. This behavior seems to be rankling many. We're insulting them when they do not insult us, we are openly mocking people who've done no wrong to us, we're being mean, we're being dicks, and we're treating other people like shit.

And it needs to KEEP GOING. It needs to get LOUDER.

52% of Americans polled stated they would refuse to vote for a well-qualified president if he were an atheist. 40% stated atheists do not fit with their idea of American society. 48% said they would openly oppose their child marrying someone who is an atheist. These numbers put us AHEAD of every other group, including blacks, jews, and supposedly the most hated group in the US [muslims] by a sweeping majority. Atheists, however, in the US consist of 16% of the population. We are one of the largest "minorities" in the country. As Bill Maher pointed out, we are a larger group than jews, muslims, blacks, and gays. Yet somehow in the US Federal Senate, we have zero...ZERO representation. Yet jews, muslims, blacks, and gays, all have representation on a senatorial level. We are the most socially hated group, and we are the most openly hated group in this country, if not the entire fucking world, and yet for the longest time, we've been the most demure, quiet, polite, and respecting group of them all. We had no Rev. Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, no "atheist panthers" group proclaiming everyone else as just a bunch of haters to get in the faces of, like the blacks have. We have no organizational leaders openly proclaiming death threats against people for making cartoons of our political whips [such as Bill Maher or Stephen Hawking or Christopher Hitchens] in satirical fashion, no radical terrorist groups suicide-bombing marketplaces full of theists because they burned "god is not Great" or "The God Delusion" even though these things have happened, like the MUSlims have. We have received no reparations for the millenia of burnings at the stake, the forced confessionals at the hands of church-educated torture masters, the domination of mind, body, and "soul" by the agents of the Inquisition, or the millions of Americans forced to believe in god at a young age by parents, community leaders, state-funded schools before we are old enough to reason or consent for ourselves, like the blacks and indians have, or the Jews received after WWII in the form of Israel.

We are the most hated minority. We are the LARGEST minority. We are the QUIETEST minority. Even today we have to sit here and listen to idiots joining our forum boards intent on converting or "saving" us and blabbering about their idiotic dark-age-era mythical fairy tales not just because such people exist but because they exist in such vast fucking numbers and are accepted not only as the majority, but the ACCEPTED STATUS QUO. When we get pissed off, we don't whip out the knives and behead the infid- er, believers. We don't build home-made TNT, fashion them into crude explosive devices and blow up crowds of people. We don't go on shooting rampages, we don't hang people from trees while being dressed in sheets and burning a giant letter A in the field.

YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO?! WE BUY A FUCKING BILLBOARD, OR WE THROW "Unholy water" ON A 'sanctified highway'! We don't form street gangs called the "Compton Atheist Bloods/Crips," we form small protests where we largely sit around and quote Bill Maher and Chris Hitchens and other great freethinkers. And yet we're the most hated group in the country? The WORLD?

Well fuck all you theists. Everyone here on this board, if you're a theist, even a well-established, well-liked one, here's what I have to say:

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK. YYYYOOOOOUUUUU! Fuck you with a lacquered tour bus right in your uptight prudish cornholes! As far as I am concerned, there are two sides of the argument, just like in ALL arguments: The right side, and the wrong side. If you throw your lot in with the religious, then you've stated that you think we're wrong, and that whatever nice things you say are essentially a load of condescending BS and that you're merely tolerating us. And since that is the case, you're a fucking tool, a coward, unable to think for yourself, running on the same fuck-begotten treadmill of bullshit that billions of other tools just like you run on, bleating your little sheep bleat as you blindly gulp down and swallow whatever jizz-load of bullshit your religious overlords blow in your mouth! So go fuck yourself!

THIS IS MILITANT ATHEISM, PEOPLE! BEING LOUD, ANGRY, AND AGGRESSIVE IS THE ONLY FUCKING THING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND! HISTORY'S SHOWN IT THOUSANDS OF FUCKING TIMES! OUR MODERN AGE CONTINUES TO SHOW IT EVERY FUCKING DAY OF OUR LIVES!

So yeah, next time one of you religious TWITS is whining about how atheists are "shoving nothing in your face," CAN IT, YOU LITTLE PUSSIES. We've been nice all these years, we've gotten nothing in exchange! You're upset that suddenly we're being loud, and we're being assholes?!

200,000 YEARS PAST DUE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

*deeeeep...breeaaaath...*

Sometimes...you really just gotta let it all out.
RE: Militant atheism: Why it exists, and why we need it.
It gets like that Creed.... Ya just gotta let it out.

You OK??? Undecided
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 31, 2012 at 2:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: It gets like that Creed.... Ya just gotta let it out.

You OK??? Undecided

Too many encounters with religious fuckwits the last few days cramming their bullshit into my face, and I'm in a lot of physical pain at the moment anyway.

Rage is a hell of an anesthetic, though...
(March 31, 2012 at 2:45 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote:
(March 31, 2012 at 2:44 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: It gets like that Creed.... Ya just gotta let it out.

You OK??? Undecided

Too many encounters with religious fuckwits the last few days cramming their bullshit into my face, and I'm in a lot of physical pain at the moment anyway.

Rage is a hell of an anesthetic, though...

Thumb up Know EXACTLY how you feel! It's when the adrenalin runs out and the big dip in mood happens is the real bummer.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Oh that'll happen soon enough, I am sure. And then I'll look back and realize what an insulting prick I just was. Or maybe I won't. Maybe I'll remember this time that these kinds of rants are wholly justifiable and justified. One can only hope!
I understand. Suffering tht now after watching a video clip from a movie made regarding the stoning of an Iranian woman. Just feel like curling up into a foetal ball and crying and crying and crying.

STILL... Politeness ...

Richard Dawkins: An Atheist's Call To Arms
"There's only one way to change the current world. We need to be active and militant. As Dawkins said, we've been polite for far too long.

Politeness was great...back when we thought we'd get anywhere with it. Instead the fundies are getting more violent and more radical and more entrenched. When someone pushes you, you push back. People think Gandhi won because he was peaceful? Bullshit; we aren't a bunch of people waiting for the inevitable withdrawal of the British. The theists have been around for millenia, and they aren't going away on their own until we get united and start getting loud about our beliefs. Sometimes you need to slap someone to snap them out of their delusions.
Now, you know trying to get atheists/ agnostics and general non-believers to shout in ONE voice is akin to the proverbial trying to herd cats. I prefer the Middle Eastern tactics...small groups that appear out of nowhere drop their bombs and scatter the herds.

There are so many Atheist FB pages starting up it is hard to keep tract of them all. (Again thaks to our Middle Eastern cuzzies) Social Networking is being used against the religious. With pages that state:

Anti-Theists. Pro Active Atheists. Opposing Religion.
About
The baddest assed atheist group you're ever likely to join - The rights of an individual to practice their faith ends, where the rights of another to not be encroached upon begin. http://www.antitheists.co.uk

Australian Atheist Republic
About
Australian Atheist Republic is a community for atheists everywhere to meet discuss and gain inspiration knowledge and fun from related topics. Included in our Description below are FAQs and a message to "trolls". https://www.facebook.com/AuARep/info

Sexy Atheists
About
What was god doing before he made the world? Was he preparing Hell for people who asked such questions? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sexy-Athe...66?sk=info

Are at least three that quickly come to mind.
Well with the fact that each atheist is entirely individualistic and therefore has his or her own unique viewpoints [our greatest strength, our greatest weakness], yeah, unifying them into a single voice is impossible. Instead of a single chorus shouting similar words it'd be a cacophony of voices all screaming their own unique sentiments all at once into a discordant roar of incomprehensibility. *lol*
Ha!! And a NEW one has just "popped" into existence!!

EAHA

https://www.facebook.com/pages/European-...8718326302
(March 31, 2012 at 3:54 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Instead of a single chorus shouting similar words it'd be a cacophony of voices all screaming their own unique sentiments all at once into a discordant roar of incomprehensibility. *lol*

Ever heard of the Nac Mac Feegle War cries? Funny as but I am thinking the Scots had an idea there.! http://discworld.wikia.com/wiki/Nac_Mac_Feegle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Militant Atheism? Data 274 10579 September 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism Nishant Xavier 137 6906 September 8, 2023 at 4:18 am
Last Post: no one
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4955 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2737 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6324 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do psychologists need religion? Interaktive 17 1503 May 16, 2021 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 12976 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 29766 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 14865 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 46938 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician