Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another image from Iroquois Park
Another image from Iroquois Park
In Louisville. Summerqueen should like this one, since I know she is the plant lady around here.

I went back to this area a few days after I took this photo and realized that there was a much more spectacular one right next to it. I quess I took the photo of this one because it was late in the afternoon and this was lit up by the afternoon sun. Anyway, I love Beech trees, and thought this one was pretty cool.

I might go back over there some day soon and try to photograph the other one, which is much larger.

[Image: beechtreea.jpg]

Beech Tree
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Another image from Iroquois Park
A tad too much HDRi for my taste, TBH. Almost Disneyesque. And the composition is OK for a botanic determination book, but not very inspiring for others.
(April 2, 2012 at 2:08 am)BoyWonder Wrote: A tad too much HDRi for my taste, TBH. Almost Disneyesque. And the composition is OK for a botanic determination book, but not very inspiring for others.

But then, I wasn't trying to provide YOU with inspiration or suit your taste. As for HDRi, this was a downsample (*jpeg) of the raw high resolution image (.cdr). Nothing else was changed. Oh, and WTF is wrong with botany books? Do you have an emotional problem with trees?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(April 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm)orogenicman Wrote:
(April 2, 2012 at 2:08 am)BoyWonder Wrote: A tad too much HDRi for my taste, TBH. Almost Disneyesque. And the composition is OK for a botanic determination book, but not very inspiring for others.

But then, I wasn't trying to provide YOU with inspiration or suit your taste.
Then you shouldn't have posted it.
Quote:As for HDRi, this was a downsample (*jpeg) of the raw high resolution image (.cdr). Nothing else was changed.
Except that the colors were preset to vibrant.
Quote:Oh, and WTF is wrong with botany books?
Nothing. But this board isn't one.
Quote:Do you have an emotional problem with trees?
I'm not the one posting images of trees... Big Grin
(April 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm)BoyWonder Wrote:
(April 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm)orogenicman Wrote:

But then, I wasn't trying to provide YOU with inspiration or suit your taste.
Then you shouldn't have posted it.

Gee, a poster with a reputation of 0 giving advice. Priceless.

Quote:As for HDRi, this was a downsample (*jpeg) of the raw high resolution image (.cdr). Nothing else was changed.

wonderless boy Wrote:Except that the colors were preset to vibrant.

No sir, they were not. This camera is used for astrophotography (i.e, it has a clear sensor filter instead of the standard Canon IR-cut filter. I used a custom white balance with a Baader UV/IR cut filter on the lens in order to shoot regular photography). If it is too "vibrant" for you, you can always download it and then adjust it to whatever drab color balance you prefer.

Quote:Oh, and WTF is wrong with botany books?
wonderless boy Wrote:Nothing. But this board isn't one.

But there are people here who like my pictures, and at least one who is a botanist. Not everyone has your dull outlook on life, dude.

Quote:Do you have an emotional problem with trees?

wonderless boy Wrote:I'm not the one posting images of trees... Big Grin

Thank you Mr. Obvious for that astute observation.

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South Park makes another ep about Catholic Church Fake Messiah 9 1566 October 6, 2018 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  South Park 201 Aractus 5 3385 April 17, 2014 at 3:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Another religious fanatic kills another baby Foxaèr 15 3500 August 27, 2013 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Smiley face in Iroquios Park, Louisville, KY orogenicman 7 4818 April 3, 2012 at 3:57 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Really nice Earth image from Suomi satellite popeyespappy 5 2834 January 27, 2012 at 1:12 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Jesus Christ in Richmond Park Welsh cake 0 1041 November 24, 2011 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  South Park searchingforanswers 8 2512 October 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: searchingforanswers
  Make yourself a South Park Character Rev. Rye 13 6383 September 17, 2011 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  CNN segment on South Park threat with Ayaan Hirsi Ali. leo-rcc 8 4289 April 22, 2010 at 10:52 am
Last Post: tavarish
  CopperCab pwned by South Park Tiberius 3 3489 March 28, 2010 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Pippy