Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advert Ideas
Advert Ideas
We've been through various difficulties trying to get adverts on the site in order to increase revenue and pay for everything. The problem with a lot of advertising networks is that they often serve malware (sometimes by accident), and I don't want to force that on anyone. The advert networks that we have more control over are all very strict about things, and hardly seem to pay small sites anything.

It struck me that what might be a good idea would be to create our own, very basic advertising network. The idea being that people can design their own banner ads, add them to the system, and pay certain amounts for visibility on the forums.

The system would monitor how many views each advert got, and how many clicks, and cost would be based on one (or both) of these metrics. So, you could pay for your advert until it is shown 10,000 times, or pay for it until it is clicked on 100 times, etc. Alternatively, for a higher fee, you could pay for it to be "permanent" for a specific period of time.

What I'd like to know is whether anyone would be interested in doing this, and how much they think would be a fair amount to pay for each of the above (views, clicks, permanent). If anyone knows of systems like this, and can link to their prices, that would be good as well.

So yeah, let me know. Big Grin
RE: Advert Ideas
start up more accounts (you mods know a lot about that) + put up ppc ad banners + click like fuck = win.
I would if I had anything to advertise.
There's some google adsense on TTA, the other place where I run my neck. I hardly notice it.

As for advertising, one of these days I might getting 'round to writing the Book of Gwynnite about being a crazy prohet; but pimping that on an atheist site just seems wrong. Big Grin
Tibbers Wrote:What I'd like to know is whether anyone would be interested in doing this, and how much they think would be a fair amount to pay for each of the above (views, clicks, permanent). If anyone knows of systems like this, and can link to their prices, that would be good as well.

*raises her hand*

You never know... certainly not today, but after the season? There's a good possibility.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast Ideas Tiberius 11 3026 March 12, 2010 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The_Flying_Skeptic