Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians Defy Cyclone in Fiji
Christians Defy Cyclone in Fiji
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=197928

Quote:Was it luck, freaky weather or prayers that these people - in the path of the storm - were spared while everywhere else flooded in the West?
RE: Christians Defy Cyclone in Fiji
Interesting...now would they be asking the same question if they had been Muslims?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
And would they be asking the same question if they had been killed?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The cyclone probably decided it didn't want to risk getting into a conversation with them.
Sounds like the cyclone changed course ..... Or they sailed into the eye

Hurricanes have a reputation for having fickle courses, but to the ignorant it is a miracle ....

The cross would make a wonderful lightning rod .....

This guy wasn't so lucky - posted on same page
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=197939
(April 6, 2012 at 6:42 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: The cyclone probably decided it didn't want to risk getting into a conversation with them.

Oh yeah, I can just imagine: "Aw shit - Godbotherers! Reverse! Reverse!"
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Further update on this story:

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=197929

I think the best that can be said about this Yasawa group is that they had the courage of their convictions. "It is a powerful thing to believe and to have faith". It's also a pretty damn stupid thing to gamble your life on.
This is all bull.

I have seriously relooked at my perception of God and How He works for the last few days. I now believe that God does not interfere in anything that occurs on earth or even the universe. I have adapted a belief somewhat similar to a Deistic view of the world. I am still a believer in Jesus Christ.
They were not all drowned? I am disappoint. That means another shipload of morons get to keep breeding.Devil
Quote:I now believe that God does not interfere in anything that occurs on earth or even the universe.

Really?. Congrats,that's a splendid start on your journey towards atheism.Please don't stop there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fiji gay community to march against Homophobia and Transphobia Forsaken 1 1386 May 13, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Letters to editor Column - Fiji's newspaper Forsaken 4 1770 April 25, 2012 at 5:03 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith
  Fiji Is no Exception Forsaken 8 3200 March 21, 2012 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy