Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people love Rick Santorum: Discussion
Why people love Rick Santorum: Discussion
I was talking with my mother the other day. I was wondering why people love Rick Santorum so much (I have lots of fundy friends and family who love the guy). I thought they loved him because of the way he was branded and advertised but my mom had an interesting take on the subject. She thinks it's because he is sincere and honest. He honestly believes the crazy crap he spews out, and it shows.

I thought about it and I think she might be right. Rick Santorum can look straight at a camera or at an interviewer, say something, and not have any body motions that betray what he really believes (most of the time). He comes across as genuine and honest. Someone you can trust.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Why people love Rick Santorum: Discussion
That would be a very good theory if it weren't for the fact he made up statistics about Holland.
I mean... no-one told him those. He came up with those... he knew he was lying.
Quote:He comes across as genuine and honest. Someone you can trust.

Just like this guy.

[Image: hitler1.jpg]
I'm sure it also has something to do with his relatability. He's a goddamn idiot and a lot of Americans enjoy that because he reminds them of themselves.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Just like this guy.

Min:Godwin's Law? I am disappoint. Tiger
Quote:He's a goddamn idiot and a lot of Americans enjoy that because he reminds them of themselves.

Indeed.

Quote:Nobody ever went broke underestimating public taste or intelligence. (Shakespeare)

That Santorin was ever elected to ANY public office is living proof that people get the government they deserve--especially in a country where around 50% of the eligible voters can't be bothered voting.*

*In Australia? Turnout is around 99% Of course turning up at the polling station (NOT voting) is mandatory. Not registering and /or not going attracts a $200 fine.

Did you see what he said about University of CA?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/.../#46934004

Lying asshole!

A couple of days after this aired, Rachel made a correction. You can actually take American History at UCSF. She apologized, as well, for suggesting that any part of Santorum's still uncorrected lie might be truthful.

(April 7, 2012 at 6:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Just like this guy.

Yeah, he was crazy enough to believe the crazy things he spewed out too He was also good at telling people what they wanted to hear and intimidating those who didn't like his crazy bullshit.

Of course Santorum is also telling people what they want to hear and a disturbingly large amount of people are eating it up....and I'm inhabit the same country as they do. Ahhh! Thanks for that thought. Fortunately it's Saturday night, the liquor store isn't too far away, and of course I don't have to go to church in the morning.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Quote:I don't have to go to church in the morning.

The single best part of atheism.
Religious fundamentalists have been taught that their "values" are the ONLY thing that matters. Santorum comes across as having strong fundamentalist "values". These values may include lying, ignorance, and general getting shit completely wrong.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
Even fucking catholics are not supporting Santorum.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-santorum/[/quote]

Quote:The verdict from Michigan, Ohio and now Illinois is consistent: a majority of Republican Catholic voters are giving a thumb’s down to Santorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Open Discussion on Russian Identity Leonardo17 10 958 December 4, 2023 at 11:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1227 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1587 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 1974 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2148 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 616 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why Do You Rep People? Jenny A 44 2845 March 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa ErGingerbreadMandude 65 9675 October 4, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why are people so affraid of anarchy? FlatAssembler 152 29682 September 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This is why people hate America NuclearEnergy 57 13189 September 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus