Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution and Blood
Evolution and Blood
"Platelets" play an important role in preventing the loss of blood by beginning a chain reaction that results in blood clotting. As blood begins to flow from a cut or scratch, platelets respond to help the blood clot and to stop the bleeding after a short time.
Platelets promote the clotting process by clumping together and forming a plug at the site of a wound and then releasing proteins called "clotting factors." These proteins start a series of chemical reactions that are extremely complicated. Every step of the clotting must go smoothly if a clot is to form. If one of the clotting factors is missing or defective, the clotting process does not work. A serious genetic disorder known as "hemophilia" results from a defect in one of the clotting factor genes. Because they lack one of the clotting factors, hemophilia sufferers may bleed uncontrollably from even small cuts or scrapes.
To form a blood clot there must be 12 specific individual chemical reactions in our blood. If evolution is true, and if this 12-step process didn't happen in the first generation (i.e. if any one of these specific reactions failed to operate in their exact reaction and order) no creatures would have survived. They all would have BLED TO DEATH!

Am I right or am I right?
Please no emotional responses this time.
James Holmes acted consistent with what evolution teaches. He evolved from an animal, and when he murdered those people, He acted like one. You can't say he's wrong since evolution made him that way.
RE: Evolution and Blood
Oh, my....irreducible complexity AGAIN!

Quote:Irreducible complexity (IC) is an argument by proponents of intelligent design that certain biological systems are too complex to have evolved from simpler, or "less complete" predecessors, through natural selection acting upon a series of advantageous naturally occurring, chance mutations.[1] The argument is central to intelligent design, and is rejected by the scientific community at large,[2] which overwhelmingly regards intelligent design as pseudoscience.[
Don't really know where you got those figures as I can't seem to find anything specifying 12 chemical reactions but platelets begin breaking down into fibers once they hit oxygen. How is this too complex?
non-mammals do not have platelets. They don't all bleed to death.
What we have here is someone that thinks of "Evolution" as the "Atheist's Alternative Explanation"... and that it is used in place of "Goddidit". This upsets him (emotionally) and so he sets out to poke holes in what he thinks evolution means. He is desperately trying to find something, anything, that proves evolution wrong, so he can go back to feeling comfortable with his fairy tales. It's quite sad, really.

There I go... posting about emotions again. I keep forgetting that, as someone that lacks belief in fairy tales, I'm not supposed to have any.
(April 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm)elunico13 Wrote: "Platelets" play an important role in preventing the loss of blood by beginning a chain reaction that results in blood clotting. As blood begins to flow from a cut or scratch, platelets respond to help the blood clot and to stop the bleeding after a short time.
Platelets promote the clotting process by clumping together and forming a plug at the site of a wound and then releasing proteins called "clotting factors." These proteins start a series of chemical reactions that are extremely complicated. Every step of the clotting must go smoothly if a clot is to form. If one of the clotting factors is missing or defective, the clotting process does not work. A serious genetic disorder known as "hemophilia" results from a defect in one of the clotting factor genes. Because they lack one of the clotting factors, hemophilia sufferers may bleed uncontrollably from even small cuts or scrapes.
To form a blood clot there must be 12 specific individual chemical reactions in our blood. If evolution is true, and if this 12-step process didn't happen in the first generation (i.e. if any one of these specific reactions failed to operate in their exact reaction and order) no creatures would have survived. They all would have BLED TO DEATH!

Am I right or am I right?
Please no emotional responses this time.

Ofcourse you are right - as long as you can prove the following:

1. There could not have ever existed a much simpler, albeit not as effective for modern creatures, clotting system.

2. The platelets could not have performed alternate function and later opted as a part of existing clotting system.

3. The simple one-step system suitable for the clotting needs of the organism at that stage of evolution, simply could not have diversified into a complex 12-steps as the rest of the organism evolved.

As long as you can prove these points (others may raise more), you'd have some possibility of being right. As it stands, you have nothing.

And now we wait for him to return...
Cunt
Perhaps he shall resurrect?
(April 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm)elunico13 Wrote: Am I Please no emotional responses this time.

Utter contempt for christianity and its effect on its minions such as you is a coldly rational response, not an emotional response.
Paul the Human Wrote:What we have here is someone that thinks of "Evolution" as the "Atheist's Alternative Explanation"... and that it is used in place of "Goddidit". This upsets him (emotionally) and so he sets out to poke holes in what he thinks evolution means. He is desperately trying to find something, anything, that proves evolution wrong, so he can go back to feeling comfortable with his fairy tales. It's quite sad, really.

Which is why I'm starting to think that the intial suspitions that this is an Edgar puppet may be correct.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1994 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolution and Creationism PerennialPhilosophy 33 4738 March 23, 2016 at 2:57 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Evolution and natural selection ARE the gods of this world! Yoplait 45 7905 June 15, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: comet
  Tim Minchin - Americans and Evolution orogenicman 0 938 April 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Human evolution and fur fuckass365 40 15489 April 16, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist