Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richard Dawkins VS Archbishop George Pell
Richard Dawkins VS Archbishop George Pell
On ABC (Australia's version of the BBC) last night,Monday Aril 10,on Q&A a live panel show with an audience who ask questions,plus questions via twitter and Skype.

Part one below from You Tube posted without comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNj-kumWIhc
RE: Richard Dawkins VS Archbishop George Pell
"I get my morals from 'Game of Thrones". lol
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
Ah, the old christian tradition of asserting things with no evidence whatsoever. Pell claims that christianity was responsible for eradicating slavery and moving towards equality, yet it was christians who kept slavery and the degradation of women going for 2,000 years.
I was hoping for a boxing match... oh well, this will have to do.
Cunt
I enjoyed that so here's part two...

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It was a good watch. Naturally, Dawkins spoke on facts and this Pell fucker talked about nonsense.
(April 10, 2012 at 3:23 am)tobie Wrote: Ah, the old christian tradition of asserting things with no evidence whatsoever. Pell claims that christianity was responsible for eradicating slavery and moving towards equality, yet it was christians who kept slavery and the degradation of women going for 2,000 years.

Absolutely absurd claims. Outright lying.
(April 10, 2012 at 9:38 am)Napoleon Wrote:
(April 10, 2012 at 3:23 am)tobie Wrote: Ah, the old christian tradition of asserting things with no evidence whatsoever. Pell claims that christianity was responsible for eradicating slavery and moving towards equality, yet it was christians who kept slavery and the degradation of women going for 2,000 years.

Absolutely absurd claims. Outright lying.

Have no fear, Dawkins called him out on his shenanigans several times.
(April 10, 2012 at 9:46 am)Mosrhun Wrote: Have no fear, Dawkins called him out on his shenanigans several times.

Its the crowd that worry me. They just clapped at absolute bullshit. I hope some were just being polite..
(April 10, 2012 at 9:48 am)Insanity x Wrote: Its the crowd that worry me. They just clapped at absolute bullshit. I hope some were just being polite..

Dawkins actually turns to the presenter and says "nice unbiased audience you've got me here".

That's what I hate with these programmes. The show will always fill the audience with people who will support who they want it to support so it looks like they are winning the argument when the audience suddenly starts clapping because he's said "gawd is real".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins & Nightwish iameatingjam 3 1741 February 5, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: shadow
  Oh, George. Where Are You When We Really Need You. Minimalist 0 345 June 17, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New Nightwish Album on Darwin, with Dawkins as narrator Alex K 12 2947 April 5, 2015 at 11:16 am
Last Post: DiRNiS
  Christian Love Letters to Richard Dawkins Creed of Heresy 14 2282 February 11, 2015 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polar bear
Video 'Love letters' to Richard Dawkins Cyberman 28 4342 January 22, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Dawkins reads hate mail on youtube. Brian37 6 2345 November 3, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Owlix
  Richard Dawkins - Science, It Works, Bitches!! (video) Woody68 2 1409 April 8, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Dawkins: Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Justtristo 4 2236 January 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Was George Carlin Influenced By Bill Hicks? Edwardo Piet 13 24901 November 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dawkins and Degrasse Tyson - Poetry of Science thesummerqueen 2 1745 November 6, 2012 at 1:16 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko