Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just to say... Hey. :)
Wink 
Just to say... Hey. :)
Hello Athiest Forums

My name is Paul and I'm from Manchester in the UK. I drive a minibus when I work and I play guitar, watch documentaries/ movies and surf the net when I don't.

A bit of my LS. Smile
I never had a religious upbringing, so I was never indoctrinated or ever really held any serious religious views, in fact I've only had cause a very few times in my life to even give it any real consideration. Living in the UK though, the influx of Islam has brought religion to the forefront and I've spent the last 6 or 7 months really looking into it. (I once even attempted to read the Bible and managed to get all the way to Genesis 1: 1 before I had a problem (God created the heavens and the Earth?... Why? Was he bored?)). After reading books (Well audiobooks. lol) like "The God Delusion", "God is not great" and "The end of faith" they really taught me a lot about what faith was and how it impacts our daily lives with no good reason. Now, as I am fully behind Thunderf00ts concept of Pearlism (Hence the name. Smile) I consider myself a "Pearlist Atheist"... "P.E.A.R.L."... "Physical Evidence And Reasoned Logic"... How can any sane person not believe in that?

Anyway, not the best intro ever but hello none the less.

During my research over the last few months I have raised in my own mind a few questions that I can't seem to get much information on online. So over the next few days I'm hoping 2 post a few threads about them entitled "There are no dumb questions... Part #" I'm hoping that some of you fine educated people might help me out and join in the discussions.

Thank you. Smile
"Science flew us to the Moon, religion flew us into buildings."

"Life... It's just an F in lie."
RE: Just to say... Hey. :)
Welcome
Hi, Paul. I'm Paul. Welcome along!
Welcome!! Big Grin
Another Brit! Woo! Welcome!
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Yo Paul.
Greetings fellow humanoid.
Howdy
Thanks for the welcome guys. Smile

I forgot to mention also that I've been a HUGE Prince fan for over 25 years now, so if I start typing in 2's and 4's please forgive me. It's a habit and I'm trying. lol.
"Science flew us to the Moon, religion flew us into buildings."

"Life... It's just an F in lie."
[Image: demotivators_cluelessness.jpg]

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3254 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1836 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 613 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2346 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2048 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Bulxy88