Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello folks!
hello folks!
i'd like to say hello and say how relieved i am to be here amongst free-thinkers (if i'm not right, please do correct me). i'm bombarded with religion everywhere i go and tho i'm not a sandwich-board wearing activist type, i certainly have strong beliefs in logic, science, math, tangible proof. i'm a civil engineer by education, software engineer by career and for the past 15 years, a contractor/builder by trade. i don't read fiction (except dan brown) and i mainly watch nova (pbs), news and documentaries. my main problem is "ok jack, we know you're not religious, why must you always bring it up?"

quick about me:
i come from a very religious family on both sides. mother's side was baptist, episcopalian, methodist, and whatever other christian denominations i can't remember (big family). my father's side was mostly jehova's witnesses. so i really had no hope other than to be viewed as the "black" sheep of the family. no obvious jokes please, lmao. (sorry, i tried to keep it brief.) even young, i was never sold on any of it, but had to act like i was.

so, nice to meet you all. i'll be glad to learn more from you.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: hello folks!
Welcome Tongue
Yeah! What he said ^^
Hello, Welcome, Bienvenue and things Smile
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome fellow heathen.
Welcome Big Grin
Welcome sir. Post or lurk about freely. Both are encouraged. Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

Welcome! Big Grin
Quote:mother's side was baptist, episcopalian, methodist, and whatever other christian denominations i can't remember (big family). my father's side was mostly jehova's witnesses.

Congratulations for surviving that with your brain intact.

Welcome.
Welcome to the forum.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Hey Folks Philos_Tone 13 1417 November 18, 2018 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  hey folks. Disciple 11 1346 June 6, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hi folks, I am a Godless Heathen Godless-Heathen 34 3300 May 17, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Heya folks... krstl_mrrw 28 2591 May 7, 2016 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hiya folks! I'm new! CindyBaker 10 1458 April 8, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  Howdy folks. TrueTexan 17 2944 November 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Howdy Folks Rogue 50 10972 October 2, 2014 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Hi Folks!!! FlyAzzGypsy 8 1592 April 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hello Folks! GodlessPlanetMusic 9 1964 December 9, 2013 at 10:51 am