Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"?
Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"?
This is a video that several of my fundy friends have posted on Facebook. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to debunk this "miracle". Wild speculation is also welcomeSmile

http://www.godvine.com/Woman-Drowning-in...-1342.html

Here is the intro to the video: "No one at this scene can explain how this woman was able to be rescued. It defies everything we know, and it can only be seen as a miracle of God. Watch how it happens and let us know what you think."
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"?
She opened the back door and after she slipped out the water pressure closed it...
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
I think it was mythbusters I saw that showed once the level of water in the car is enough the pressure equalizes and the door is able to open. Maybe she just opened the door? Its unlikely but more likely than magic Big Grin
Firstly, it's very suspicious that the camera isn't continuously filming, it clips at several points. Why would the guy stop recording and start again? He wouldn't, which just screams "EDITED!".
Secondly, what FallentoReason said.
Thirdly, that guy probably wasn't filming on a cell phone. Not with that stability and quality. Where did he get the recording device, and why was he filming instead of helping?
I like how the stupid bitch still had her wipers on.
Lacking an easy answer to "how", one can only conclude that Goddidit. Obviously. Geez.
I also wonder why god decided it was a good idea to cause a flash flood and put her life and others in danger for a half baked crap miracle that just so happened to conveniently not showing how the apparent miracle happened to anyone.
I saw that Mythbusters thing, too and the door opening and closing behind her makes the most sense. Certainly more than any fucking "miracle."

A "miracle" would have been if the dumb twat didn't try to drive through a flood in the first place.
(April 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Lacking an easy answer to "how", one can only conclude that Goddidit. Obviously. Geez.

It's not lacking an easy answer at all. The news guy says the car is 'sealed shut' implying that no water was getting in. As if!

Like Instanity said, mythbusters showed that once the car fills up then the pressure equalizes and opening the door is easy.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Yeah, the door opening when pressure equalizes and then getting shut again sounds like it could be the answer. If this is the case then "Godvine" or the local news created this "miracle" by not reporting all the facts. Miracles are more sensational.

BTW I get a lot of posts from Godvine from my fundy friends and relatives. Most of it isn't worth sharing. I think I will piss them off by mentioning the water pressure thing. Wish me luck. Hee, hee.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 6158 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Enough of this crap, I want to hear directly from god Foxaèr 82 5610 December 22, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1398 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about a specific claimed miracle anonymous89 43 5551 February 13, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3494 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 9456 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6574 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7591 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you're pro-life, how far do you take that? robvalue 147 13619 August 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10831 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja