Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my de-conversion
my de-conversion
I can relate my de-conversion experience to the symptoms of bi-polar. I went back and forth quite a bit. It initially began when I was 15 and shown the Zeitgeist movie. It covered religion and banking schemes. Although the movie was very eye-opening, my past conceptions about faith weren't completely dismantled until very recently. It was a few months ago when I stumbled upon a channel on youtube called, Evid3nc3. He has a very long series about his de-conversion and he provides solid evidence and argues his point extremely well. I've delved heavily into philosophy and politics for three years now. I'm 18 and you can say delving into all of this at a young age has taken it's toll. I feel very alone in a way and i'm looking to connect with others in this world to discuss the, "meaning of life" points. I really am looking forward to this forum. This is my first shot at a forums site and i'm feeling very good about it.
RE: my de-conversion
Welcome Your love it here Big Grin
welcome.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Welcome!
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Interesting. That's around the same age I myself started to lose faith, as it were. I was a sort of agnostic-christian when I was 18, became a full-on agnostic over the next couple years, didn't become a full-blown atheist until about a year or two ago.

You'll find plenty of company in the forms of others who've been through a similar ordeal; the evidence stacks against their faith, they lose their faith, and then they realize they may very well be the only one in their community who thinks like they do. It's why I love this forum. The other atheists may not be here in person but at least they can be here whenever I need them to be. Hope you find it to be the same way! Welcome to the forum!
I am new here...I am happy to join here....
(April 17, 2012 at 11:29 am)venmalathy Wrote: I am new here...I am happy to join here....

Lol, make your own thread introducing yourself. This is the second time I've seen you post in someone elses intro thread saying you're new.

Welcome OP. I shed the faith at 16 myself.
Welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My conversion story A Handmaid 9 1618 September 8, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  Conversion ragzy02 4 1451 January 14, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: ragzy02