Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you agree with Richard Dawkins?
Do you agree with Richard Dawkins?
[/b]Richard Dawkins can see no good moral reason for eating meat. He sees it as being akin to sexism or racism.

It seems that evolution tells us that we are nothing more than another animal so it's easy to see where Dawkins is coming from.

I suppose that you need to have a moral position that causing unnecessary pain and suffering is wrong.

Do you agree with Dawkins that on moral grounds, eating meat cannot be justified?

RE: Do you agree with Richard Dawkins?
I eat meat, because I like to eat meat and, since I am an omnivore, I eat whatever the hell I want. Morality has nothing to do with it. So in answer to the question... no... I do not agree.
I just had a big bacon sandwich... Mmmmmm bacon..

* Nine drools
@ Paul the Human Do you believe in morality? Does causing unnecessary pain and suffeirng count as a moral concern for our species, or for any other?
If I didn't eat meat I would literally starve to death. Yes, I used the word 'literally', and I used it accurately.
Hmmm. I don't see it unnecessary pain and suffering. We need to eat and in return we breed the animals who without our need would not exist. I would hope they were killed in a way that was not too painful but that's about it. I have said to a cow "I look forward to eating you." It looked happy about that to be honest XD
I do not "believe in morality", but I do believe in having an ethics and values system. I do not believe that eating meat causes "unnecessary pain and suffering". I do not have empathy for an animal that I am going to cook and eat. I don't give it's 'feelings' a second thought as I wipe the grease from my chin.
I eat meat, I never claimed to be moral.
Threads making me hungry.
I agree that it isn't moral, but nature isn't always fair. I can live with myself if my most heinous act is enjoying chicken.
This is stupid

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you agree with Albert Einstein? Scabby Joe 11 4682 April 26, 2012 at 2:05 am
Last Post: AthiestAtheist