Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Massive Attack Songs I Absolutely Bloody Love :D
Music 
4 Massive Attack Songs I Absolutely Bloody Love :D
[youtube]D9-APQ1G0s0[/youtube]

Worship

[youtube]0rgW0UR8MDU[/youtube]

:idea:

[youtube]hWIrXPy0Du8[/youtube]

^^

[youtube]uKPKbOtEnqg[/youtube]

Exclamation

- I might have added 'Protection' as well - but I can't find the original album version anywhere anymore...only remixes or live versions.

I used to be able to find the official vid on youtube too...I can't seem to anymore though....

Anyways - I hope some of you enjoy these tracks! I think they're bloody awesome!

EvF
RE: 4 Massive Attack Songs I Absolutely Bloody Love :D
You on some kind of one-man crusade to convert everyone to your kind of music?

Over the past few days I have listened to Rise Against ("The Sufferer & The Witness"), Trivium ("Shogun"), Drowning Pool ("Sinner") and Spineshank ("Strictly Diesel") and if I know your taste at all the only people you are "converting" are those who already like that kind of crud ... not specifically trying to be offensive there, it's just the way I've always thought of it (it was that kind of music that turned me off dance and to the dark side).

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Offend away cos it's not offensive (well, not to me anyway).

Massive Attack are incredibly awesome imo. Particularly these tracks out of the ones I've heard so far...and I think the album they are from is killer (Mezzanine).

I am a gigantic lover of music. I listen pretty much 24/7...and the hours I spend on computer each day I listen to music the whole time....and when I'm not doing that I'm often listening on either CD player or my walkman.

I hate silence. It's my number one petty annoyance - cos music is too good, I feel frustrated when I'm not hearing it.

So I'm a big lover of music. And I'm simply sharing it that is all...in case some will be interested by it and enjoy hearing it.

Like others have posted music on this forum...I do too - cos I'm a massive lover of music and as I said - I'm just sharing it with whoever else will enjoy it.

Like with the radio...if you don't like it - turn it off.

If someone does like it however - then I'm glad I posted ^^. And it really doesn't do harm to share music you like does it?

Anyways.. I hope some others enjoy the tracks! Big Grin

EvF

P.S. Oh I've just noticed...you say this is the kind of music that turned you off 'dance'...none of these tracks are exactly 'dance'....they're 'trip-hop' I believe - they're too slow for 'dance' they're not exactly 'dancey'. But I move to them anyway cos it's hard not to cos they're so cool Wink

You also say to went more to the 'dark side'...well these tracks are darker than they are 'dance' from my perspective that's for sure! Kind of creepyesc lol.
(June 1, 2009 at 4:02 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Offend away cos it's not offensive (well, not to me anyway).

Massive Attack are incredibly awesome imo. Particularly these tracks out of the ones I've heard so far...and I think the album they are from is killer (Mezzanine).

I am a gigantic lover of music. I listen pretty much 24/7...and the hours I spend on computer each day I listen to music the whole time....and when I'm not doing that I'm often listening on either CD player or my walkman.

I hate silence. It's my number one petty annoyance - cos music is too good, I feel frustrated when I'm not hearing it.

So I'm a big lover of music. And I'm simply sharing it that is all...in case some will be interested by it and enjoy hearing it.

Like others have posted music on this forum...I do too - cos I'm a massive lover of music and as I said - I'm just sharing it with whoever else will enjoy it.

Like with the radio...if you don't like it - turn it off.

If someone does like it however - then I'm glad I posted ^^. And it really doesn't do harm to share music you like does it?

Anyways.. I hope some others enjoy the tracks! Big Grin

EvF

P.S. Oh I've just noticed...you say this is the kind of music that turned you off 'dance'...none of these tracks are exactly 'dance'....they're 'trip-hop' I believe - they're too slow for 'dance' they're not exactly 'dancey'. But I move to them anyway cos it's hard not to cos they're so cool Wink

You also say to went more to the 'dark side'...well these tracks are darker than they are 'dance' from my perspective that's for sure! Kind of creepyesc lol.

massive attack are brilliant. truly inspired hip hop and some really experimantal music and videos being produced by those guys. I'll admit that not everyone gets it though for different reasons, some people don't open up their minds to it, and some people just prefer their song lyrics and song meanings more clear and easy to understand, and som people just don't like it, and that's fine too. I can only see mezzainne and you said you put up "protection" too, couldn't see which other videos you put up. few of my favourites would be "karmacoma" "butterfly caught" and "false flags". cheers for sharing Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs of gog magog WinterHold 37 2423 September 10, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Sections of songs that make you freeze in joy: PART II WinterHold 6 750 May 9, 2021 at 10:25 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Sections of songs that make you freeze in joy WinterHold 140 17896 April 6, 2021 at 8:31 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Japanese beauty: Meiko Kaji songs WinterHold 4 509 May 26, 2020 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Absolutely hilarious!! Jehanne 1 405 January 19, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Post the songs you hate here. Yes, right here! brewer 265 25237 September 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hands down, one of my favorite songs. Heat 26 6638 January 6, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  One of my favorite Genesis songs orogenicman 2 1403 July 7, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Songs for your mood Creed of Heresy 28 3496 January 24, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Life story songs BrokenQuill92 4 1524 December 2, 2014 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie