Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Story
A Story
My story.

It starts in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was raised to be as pious and upright as any christian should be, and such an upbringing still affects my social interactions. Yet, as staunch as my religious background is, I have always lacked whatever spark theists (mormons included) seem to have. It was this that eventually led me to a state of apology for the religion of my birth, then, ultimately, atheism.

I have explored many religions out of curiosity. I am not looking for a re-conversion but for information. I also have a love of debate, which is part of what brings me here Big Grin
JJJ
RE: A Story
Welcome Smile
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. Smile
Well that was a short story. XD

Also; welcome!
Welcome Smile
Welcome and look forward to some debate Smile
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome, you will find plenty of theists and atheists here to debate with.
Welcome.
Cunt
Welcome!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from south florida! My coming out story... FollowingFeynman89 7 764 May 15, 2023 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Kingpin
  Funny and humiliating deconversion story nickbarca 6 590 October 14, 2020 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Story of Dance Dancefortwo 15 1274 September 28, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Doc's story, take 2 Dr H 15 1467 September 27, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4043 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My conversion story A Handmaid 9 1618 September 8, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  My Story lkomza 12 1221 July 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Hello everyone....a friendly, new Atheist's story LovingBeing 16 3235 December 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Hi, this is my story KentuckySkeptic224 32 6205 October 2, 2014 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Losty
  My embarassing story and a favor dsquared 8 2648 June 10, 2014 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Napoléon