Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello atheists from around the earth !
hello atheists from around the earth !
Im new here and just to be clear . Im not an official atheist yet . Id like to describe myself as lost and confused . One more fact about me , im from saudi arabia which is like the most islamic and conservative country in the world . Im messed up .....i know
RE: hello atheists from around the earth !
Welcome.
Cunt
Welcome.

So, can I assume that since you're from Saudi Arabia that you must keep the fact that you're questioning religion to yourself?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Exactly . But i have someone from work who basically shares the same beliefs . Half of my family are Muslims, the other half are Christian bcoz of their American mom .
Wow, you are certainly in a tough position. How fundamentalist are your religious relatives?

Oh, and welcome to the atheist forums.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Welcome! I thought we non-believer types had it hard in the U.S... I definitely do not envy you that. You can learn a lot here if you let yourself.
Sadly , i feel alone in this and almost like a bad person . My mom would be devastated if she ever found out . Other family members would probably never talk to me again . I wish i could be one of them but i know that i will never be .
Actually , im thinking to apply for a green card and move to the US for good .
(April 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm)Memz Wrote: My mom would be devastated if she ever found out . Other family members would probably never talk to me again . I wish i could be one of them but i know that i will never be .

I wouldn't want to be one of them. You shouldn't either.

You shouldn't cast someone out for something so trivial. It says a lot about the kind of people they are.

Quote:Actually , im thinking to apply for a green card and move to the US for good

As shitty as the US seems, it will probably give you a happier life style. Good luck with everything. Smile
Cunt
Theyre only Muslims and they do what their religion asks them to do . If a Moslem converts to another religion or becomes an atheist then he's considered a sinner and must be killed .

At least ,i wouldn't have to cover my body with abaya there .
(April 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm)Memz Wrote: Sadly , i feel alone in this and almost like a bad person . My mom would be devastated if she ever found out . Other family members would probably never talk to me again . I wish i could be one of them but i know that i will never be .
Actually , im thinking to apply for a green card and move to the US for good .

If you can get to a country with more liberal laws on the books regarding religious belief, that is what I would do if I were you. Whatever you do, do it safely. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping the best for you in your situation.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! I'm new around here... Jefe17 16 2664 June 21, 2017 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Where does a snarky Valkyrie get a drink around this joint? Astreja 20 2574 December 4, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1949 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1920 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello, Atheists are going to hell :) Shaddam IV 26 4419 November 23, 2015 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hello Fellow Atheists! Shuffle 30 5280 July 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Creationism and Genetic Entropy (Any geneticists around?) OfficerVajardian 2 993 August 13, 2014 at 8:04 am
Last Post: OfficerVajardian
  Atheists are the most vile people on Earth. Caesar 34 3843 March 12, 2014 at 10:07 am
Last Post: TaraJo
Smile Hello, Atheists Cory Alden 31 4619 June 10, 2013 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: cneron
  I ride around, no gimmicks. Disbelief 13 5184 October 5, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Disbelief