Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Atheist Forum!
Hello Atheist Forum!
I was just browsing the vast space that is the internet and stumbled upon you guy's forum. I guess im kinda weird cuz i like to get beyond the normal kind of small talk that most people are afraid to get past to the deeper issues such as what people believe and why they believe it. I like to talk about life and death, good and evil, light and dark and so on. I am in fact a christian however, im not here to preach to anybody and could care less if somebody chooses not to believe the way I do. I would like to think everybody would want to meet the Creator and experiance all the love and the way he has blessed me over the years but i realize this is not the case and im completely alrite with this. I also enjoy testing my own faith and finding out exactly why i believe the way i do. Im not at all afraid to think twice about anything. Just so far it happens that the way that i believe has worked great for me but i will be talkin to you guys and gals soon and look forward to the conversation. Peace.
Islam has killed millions in the last decade, lets focus all attention on Christianity!
RE: Hello Atheist Forum!
Welcome Smile Glad to have a non-preachy theist.
Welcome! Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
The creator is the universe. I've met it, as I am part of it.

Welcome.
(April 22, 2012 at 12:20 pm)tobie Wrote: Welcome Smile Glad to have a non-preachy theist.

Let's see how long that lasts.
I'm on the fence with you sir. You're gonna have to win me over.

Here's why.
#1 You say that you don't care if people accept your god or not (which I applaud you for), however your name is Deciple, which tells me that you are far more devout than your posts suggests ... which makes me in turn think that you're biding your time to spring the evangelist on us.

#2 Deciple is actually spelled, disciple. If you meant it to be spelled incorrectly than fine ... but if you simply didn't take the time to look up the correct spelling, that tells me that you may be the typical theist we get around here -- Painfully stupid, and educated by a preacher instead of a real education.

Neither of these reasons may be true. You may very well be someone who doesn't wish to preach at us and simply chose a name that implies the exact opposite. You may also have very well have meant to misspell your own name in an effort to be cryptic or coy.

Regardless, I'm hoping that you're everything you say you are and for now, will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome to Atheist Forums! May you turn out to be one of our exceptionally few respected theists.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Well, I'm going to extend a welcoming hand for now. I look forward to reading our new friend's contributions. New blood is always welcome, if it turns stale later, well we can still have fun with the pointy sticks.

Incidentally, isn't a Deciple (pronounced DECKY-pull) one of those Roman military divisions, perhaps a ten-man unit? If not, and actually it isn't, it should be.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hey Cinjin, You caught me good sir. I did indeed spell my name incorrectly, and truth be told it was not on purpose. In fact i did not take the time to look it up either and my reasoning behind it is that it really dosent matter to me how its spelled the fact is everybody still gets the point. you will probably notice that in my posts there will be alot of misspellings and incorrect grammar and punctuation. I would like to think that I can make a mistake here and there and not be though of as stupid though. Since we are all human we all make em at some point or another. some more than others i suppose. If it were a term paper i may be a little more carefull however, its just an internet forum. As the name i chose implies I am fairly devout, not perfect by a long shot. Just because I am devout dosent mean I expect you or anybody else to be. Im certainly not here to try to convert anybody i assure you. I respect all points of view and am open to listen to anything and everything. I believe thats how we grow as people in our beliefs or non beliefs and also that you can learn something from any given person that you encounter. wheather you subscribe to any of it or not is of course up to you.Wink
Islam has killed millions in the last decade, lets focus all attention on Christianity!
Ave, Deciple! You can change your name if you wish, it's not as set in stone as you might think. I believe you need to appeal to one of the mods. Money definitely helps - no food, though, it tends to get them a little... excited, shall we say.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hi, Desciple. Welcome to the Pit of Despair. Bwahahahaha!!

Just kidding. Don't preach and be prepared to back up any claims you make and you'll be fine. Oh... And have a thick skin. Some of the Anti-Theist types can get a bit... Let's call it 'snippy'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello and Good Night Atheist forums! Violet 22 3118 May 3, 2020 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5276 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello, New atheist having a meltdown Dragonfly 58 7073 October 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Hello to Atheist Forums haig 44 5973 February 16, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hello from an African-American atheist ChidiB 28 3970 May 16, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2617 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  New Atheist to Forum Saying Hi.... TonyPhotographer 11 1583 November 12, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Old atheist, new to forum Bunburryist 25 2607 August 10, 2016 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Well hello atheist forums anonymousyam 27 3465 April 3, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: c172
  Weak atheist/deist here, hello! vixene 59 9276 August 11, 2015 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Pyrrho